Unauthorized Transaction

AndCoo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I received a text from PayPal advising that "You’ve sent $3200.00 USD to Excorpium Inc for a purchase. For details go to www.paypal.com/vst/id=32s782416L0015148". I have not transacted on PayPal for 6 days including the day the message was received. Unfortunately when I checked with my bank, funds had been withdrawn so the bank cancelled my credit card straight way and filed a disputed transaction with PayPal.

I then logged onto my PayPal account and changed my password plus deleted my linked bank account so now no bank accounts are connected to PayPal.

I opened a case in PayPal’s Resolution Center but PayPal just close the case stating “Case closed: Transaction not safeguarded” “Thank you for reporting this case.  After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction wasn't unauthorized and hence wasn't eligible for Buyer Protection.”

As I never made the transaction in the first place this is of great concern that PayPal are not able to identify fraudulent activity. So I login to PayPal / Activity then expanded the transaction details, I clicked on the Sent to: Excorpium Inc, a web site opened Auto Craze Miami it very quickly became obvious this was a fake website and it was actually impossible to buy anything from the website.

I would appreciate if someone in the community could advise were to go from here. Cheers

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.