Unauthorised transactions on a never linked to paypal account

garyarthur
New Community Member

Hi,

Since last 2 weeks, I have unauthorised transactions on my savings bank account (CBA) from Paypal. I have never linked my paypal account to my CBA account. CBA refunded the last unauthorised transaction from Paypal and advised they will stop any further transactions from Paypal, but I see there was another transaction just this morning from Paypal on that same never linked CBA account and its the same exact amount. 

I wrote to Paypal but they never replied (been 5 days). I can never get to someone on a call to discuss from Paypal. It is extremely frustrating. 

What can I do to stop Paypal from making unauthorised transactions on my CBA account. Please note I have never linked my CBA account to paypal. Not sure how someone could gain access to my CBA account and make unauthorised transactions. What should I do to stop this in future?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@garyarthur 

It seems that your bank or card info of the CBA account was compromised somehow and was used to buy from a merchant that uses PayPal to process payments.

Have your financial institution issue a new account and ditch the old one since the transactions are appearing there and not on any PayPal account you own.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Danny86_
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me this morning where someone set up a charge of £200 and was taken from my bank via PayPal. They are useless fools. Didn’t help and claimed it was not an unauthorised transaction. Called my bank and they told me that Payapal Have bad business practice and they’ve recovered the money. Best advice, delete every trace of PayPal. - I’m only here until my hold gets lifted then it’s deleted quicker than concord.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.