Unacceptable Customer Service received from Paypal

JLSA
New Community Member

Just wondered if anyone could advise what my next steps would be before reaching out to the Financial Ombudsman... 

In brief here's what happened;

- Ordered an electrical item on a website who claimed to based in Birmingham, UK and to pay it prompted you to go through PayPal

- Website also claims to offer 100% refunds 

- Item arrived and was not what was advertised and basically incorrect

- Attempted to make contact with this so called company that day but then almost daily for the next two weeks as was not getting any response. Contacted them via email and via their 'contact us form' on their site

- Two weeks later am asked to send a picture of what I have and what they have sent... replied back immediately with an image clearly showing the item they sent was totally incorrect

- Another two weeks passed and still no word from this so called company. Opened a claim with PayPal and they advised that I would be refunded in full as long as I returned the item back to the sender in CHINA! Now had I known this company was actually based in China i would never have even entertained the idea!

- Return postage was at my cost and being a heavy electrical item, the only cheapest option to ensure PayPal refunded me for the postage as per their advise...was to use Royal mail standard post and not a company such as DHL/ UPS which would have cost me in the region of £50-60.

- Thinking i had some kind of 'Buyers Protection' from PayPal ....they closed my case in the sellers favour and so no refund for me! Even though the seller sent me a non-genuine item and it was incorrect! 

What's my next course of action please? PayPal are clearly uncooperative ...they are quick to give out advise of which the buyer follows in good faith and then they refuse to refund! This is totally unacceptable and i am happy to take this further where necessary. 

Any advise please ?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.