Unable to raise dispute

lanceljr_98
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I'm currently facing some issues with Paypal Customer Service Support.

I purchased a T-shirt online and have yet to receive yet, thus I would like to request for a refund. However, I am unable to raise a dispute as I made a the purchase as a Guest on Paypal thus I do not have the transaction ID/history of purchase recorded in my current Paypal account. I've been bounced around countless times by Paypal Customer Service Support and I'm still nowhere near to opening a dispute, let alone getting my refund.

Anyone able to advice me on what to do? Really frustrated with Paypal Customer Service Support.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lanceljr_98,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive your item. In order to have Purchase Protection and the ability to review your payment in your history or the Resolution Center, a payment must be made through the account rather than as a guest payment. Guest payments do not have the same protection or capabilities.

I regret the experience that you've had.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lanceljr_98,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive your item. In order to have Purchase Protection and the ability to review your payment in your history or the Resolution Center, a payment must be made through the account rather than as a guest payment. Guest payments do not have the same protection or capabilities.

I regret the experience that you've had.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

lanceljr_98
Contributor
Contributor

I made the purchase via Depop and I've been told by the customer rep from Depop that even as a guest, I am still covered by the Buyer Protection.

In addition, I've also been informed by the customer service rep from Paypal that they are able to manually raise a dispute for me.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.