Unable to appeal PayPal claim outcome

MoreQsThanAs
Contributor
Contributor

From a merchant I ordered from a vendor a stainless steel rack, 5 tiers, 6' tall, 3' wide, 1' deep when assembled.  Merchant then sent me a delivery confirmation three days after I "supposedly" received it.  Went down to my local USPS to get expanded details and to ensure it wasn't mishandled, possibly delivered to someone else.  Come to find out the merchant never sent a package.  They sent me an envelope weighing 1 ounce and this was indicated in the USPS detail.  I have no clue what they sent and like most, my wife and I recognized review the mail we receive pretty thoroughly.  Regardless, a stainless steel rack won't fit into an envelope weighing one ounce, so I reached out to the vendor.  After two emails to the merchant in a two-week period with no responses, I filed a claim.

Original claim included a PDF of the email string where I attempted to contact the merchant, PDF of the USPS documentation showing what was delivered weighed 1 OUNCE.  Case awarded in favor of the merchant by simply providing a tracking number.  Now I look to appeal with the hope I get a PayPal claim representative with a higher level of diligence to review claim documentation . . .

My issue though is there is NO mechanism to appeal.  Went to Resolution Center, clicked on Closed Cases, under Actions all I see is "View" where it has been indicated to me through reps in the Message Center there should be an option to appeal here.  Also tried entering into the closed case, looking at the bottom of the "Case Details" section where there is supposedly a link there to appeal, but there isn't.

Not only is this frustrating but also disheartening.  The time invested in this process isn't worth what I paid for this stainless rack in the first place.  At the same time I won't allow a merchant to get away operating a fraudulent business at my expense and likely others as well.  Would appreciate someone validating the ability or inability to appeal a claim.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

MoreQsThanAs
Contributor
Contributor

Appreciative for your story and wish you a successful outcome.  While I hear what you're saying, when you supply the PayPal staff everything they need to appropriately review and provide a favorable outcome in YOUR favor - receipts, good communication to the merchant, shipment tracking one or two layers beyond the surface (proving the merchant didn't ship what purchased) - and they still deny your claim with an inoperable appeals process no less . . . it's a broken process ripe for class action.

Login to Me Too
Solved

MoreQsThanAs
Contributor
Contributor

Sometimes it just takes getting to the right person . . .

I indicated through dialog in the PayPal Message Center my inability to file an appeal through the suggested methods (Help and PayPal representative).  Finally, had a rep ask me to provide my appeal documentation THROUGH the message center.  After sending everything, I got a rep who reviewed and agreed with me that I did get **bleep**.  They now have to go back to the merchant who has 10 days to appeal their case.  Good luck scammer merchant!  Regardless, it looks favorable for a refund.

Beyond this, the representative provided a link www.ic3.gov.  This is the Internet Crime Complaint Division with the FBI.  I don't know how effective they are, but I plan to file a complaint.

Overall, I hope this information somehow helps someone else.

Login to Me Too

cs1111
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a complaint with the http://www.ic3.gov as  they required, 4 days later my claim WAS denied with no recourse.

This is bull____!! I am going to try my credit card company next. Like I said earlier they sure do sound like they support fraud sites.

Login to Me Too

Jonny174
Contributor
Contributor

I experience the same issue and is unable to appeal on PayPal site, and I can't seems to get anyone on the phone either.  I even tried reaching out through the chat and emailing but never got a response back.  How are you able to get this issue resolved?

Login to Me Too

cs1111
Contributor
Contributor

I have not found an avenue to appeal closed cases either yet. PayPal does not care about us once they make their commission.

Login to Me Too

Jonny174
Contributor
Contributor

How are you able to get a hold of anyone? I've been messaging them through chat and emailing but no luck.  My claim has been closed due to fraud and i don't see any way to appeal it.  PayPal doesn't care once it's closed! 

Login to Me Too

sdf1954
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal closed my case. How can you appeal???

PP gives you the steps for a appeal but it say to click on link at the bottom of the page and there is NO link to click!

When we report this you would think someone would look at the weight and compare it to what was ordered.

It is all on the tracking info. I have been working on this for 6 days now.

A scammer supplied PayPal with a fraudulent tracking # that was not sent to me or my address.
I ordered a Dyson V11 vacuum cleaner.
The tracking # the scammers gave PayPal shows it weighted 2.4 lbs.
I now have to have prove that this was not delivered to me at my address. 

I tracked this package down thru UPS and it was delivered to a community college in my town.
 I have a copy from UPS showing it was deliver to them and not me.
I ordered a vacuum cleaner and they gave PP a fake tracking # of something that weighs 2.4 lbs. who are the people PP hires?

Login to Me Too

Jonny174
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I experienced the same issue, i ordered 2 bicycles. Waited 2 weeks and never saw it, there were no response back from the seller despite my numerous attempts.  I filed a case with PayPal who denied it after the seller provided the tracking #.  After speaking with UPSP, it was an envelop weighing 12oz, i doubt my 2 bikes weight 12oz nevertheless fit into an envelop. PayPal resolution center showed both of my cases closed.  And i haven't yet find a way to appeal it or even get a hold of anyone.  This is so frustrating to say the least. PayPal sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.