USPS drops tracking after a certain time.

Biggs76
Contributor
Contributor
I’m being claimed in a PayPal issue even though I have proof of it arriving and sending. PayPal states they can’t verify it. The only thing USPS allows me to do is sign up for the “archived” tracking which I did but it’s not good enough for PayPal. What can be done here? Essentially ANYTHING purchased through PayPal can be claimed by the buyer and the seller can be **bleep** every time if they wait through this time period that the tracking is offline.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Megan

Hello @Biggs76,

I definitely understand the frustration. I know that this is not a fun situation to be in, but I'm afraid we can only validate proof of delivery by using the tracking number details from the shipping company's website. Tracking numbers may expire in different timeframes depending on the carrier used for the shipment. I would recommend checking with common shipping companies for their individual timeframes. It might also be good to make records of delivered items by taking screenshots of the delivery details from the tracking details in case it is ever needed. 

I hope this helps.

-Megan S. 

If you find this response or any other post helpful, you can make our Community better by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.