Sousafam
New Community Member
Viable company or fraud?
Login to Me Too
594 REPLIES 594

Blissmith
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered a bike on April 29th. Never got a confirmation email. Saw these bad reviews and filed claim with PayPal. Scammer provided fake tracking number from ups and paypal closed the case siding with the scammer. Called ups and spoke with a supervisor and they emailed something with their letterhead just stating that that tracking number has nothing to do with me or the item that I ordered. Supervisor told me I was the fifth call he received that day with the same problem and the same scam. Unbelievable that paypal is still dealing with usfitware. I've been using PayPal for 17 years and I will never again. Going through my bank for a charge back.
Login to Me Too

jmspector

Yep, absolute scam.. and PayPal insanely closed my claim when these scammers fraudulently provided a UPS tracking number as proof it was delivered. When I called UPS, it was a package delivered from a different vendor to a different address!! PayPal stated:

"Joyce Abegail

3:53 PM

I can see here that the tracking number shows delivered to the address that matches PayPal's minimum required address"

What is their "minimum requirement"?? All that was shown was the city!! How stupid is PayPal, an enormous corporation that they can be tricked like this?? And their entire purpose is to protect consumers!?!? Or so I thought. And they accept random tracking numbers as "evidence"? The tracking number wasn't for me or my address!! Why is PayPal protecting these scammers?? Is PayPal profiting from scams?? Absolutely insane!!

Then they're making me research this with UPS. Why can't PayPal confirm the information is legitimate that's provided as 'evidence'. This is a dispute. between the seller and PayPal. Absolutely absurd and I'm reporting this to CFPB. PayPal SUCKS!!!!!
Login to Me Too

jmspector

HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS NEED TO HAPPEN BEFORE PAYPAL REALIZES IT'S A SCAM!?!? INSANE!! PAYPAL IS SUCH A LAME COMPANY.

Login to Me Too

jjkatzer
Contributor
Contributor

Agree totally. Either Paypal is complicit in this scam, or they just don't care. They ARE aware of it. I have been direct messaging them through Twitter and they have been replying to me, here's what they had to say: "Thank you for giving me that case ID. What is the latest update you received about the dispute from us? Typically with disputes we would attempt to reach out to the merchant to getting tracking information if they do not respond by a certain date with valid tracking then the dispute would be decided in your favor and a refund issued. I would be unable to discuss any actions that might be taken by PayPal on another account, I understand your concerns and will make sure this is forwarded to the relevant team to review. ^JCM"

I am done and finished with Paypal. IF I can get this resolved and get my money back, I will consider myself fortunate.  US Fitwear has never provided a tracking order, won't answer my emails or phone calls, and it shows my order as "processing" since April 28th!  I suspect that once they are contacted by Paypal, they will provide a fake tracking number to them, just like they have done to everyone else...

Login to Me Too

julz10
Contributor
Contributor

I am still in the process of my claim that will certainly be denied by PayPal.  I am going to try to get an email from USPS stating that the tracking showing that the envelope that weighed less than an ounce.  I didn't receive my 6 lb iteml I'm out $53.99 for the moment which is a fair amount of money for me being retired. 

I went on the BBB website to see what was happening with scams and they have a map of North America and details about each of the 195,000 scams reported. I saw one that was really upsetting as it involved elderly people. They were scammed by real estate scammers for $172,684.44!!! There are multiple scams that are in the thousands of dollars. How do these scammers sleep at night?

Login to Me Too

MicahS
Contributor
Contributor
They gave me a tracking # through China Post. It still says in transit. PayPal denied my dispute. Using my Chase CC through PayPal they credited my account for me and made it final. Now that I got my money back I am done with PayPal for good.
Login to Me Too

Chriswayne0628
New Community Member

This website got me too.  Paypal has denied my claim due to this a-hole sending a tracking number from a strip of smiley face stickers that he sent instead of a golf push cart that I ordered.  Paypal has been no help!  Don't waste your time filing a claim with Paypal, call your bank / Credit card company and dispute with them.  I for one am done with Paypal and will not be utilizing their (safe and convenient services) anymore.  The customer service line is no longer available to call in and speak with anyone.  This company obviously knows the game and is very good at robbing people. 

Login to Me Too

jjkatzer
Contributor
Contributor

OMG.  I just got an envelope in the mail a few minutes ago with a strip of smiley faces in it, and I thought "what the heck is this"?  It has a USPS tracking code and came from Ontario, CA. It says "10152 shipper only not seller" on the return address. 

Someone in the Community told me to contact Paypal by direct message through Twitter. I did and they approved my refund yesterday--but said it will take about 5 days to process.  My account at US Fitwear still shows my April 28th order as "processing".  

Paypal was negligent in picking up this scam and in stopping it, and I told them so via Twitter. Even sent them the BBB story about it. Maybe they don't want to stop it. As soon as I get my refund, I'm closing out my Paypal account.

I hope you get your refund! https://www.bbb.org/article/news-releases/22346-online-retailer-consumers-lose-money-to-usfitwear

Login to Me Too

magsdad
Contributor
Contributor

I was scamed by usfitwear also with paypal refusing to do anything about it. Paypal is supporting illegal activity!

Login to Me Too

jjkatzer
Contributor
Contributor

I was looking for a new coffee maker, found this website with an incredible buy. Googled it and found out that it is also a scam website, using Paypal. Note the similar name. Wonder how many of these there are?

https://www.fitwellable.com/thermal-cuisinart-12-cup-coffeemaker-grind-dgb-900bc-brew-automatic-ne0n...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.