Trying to escalate my claim!!

Tinkersmell11
New Community Member

I got scammed from a company and have requested a refund, they have not responded (typical), I got an email saying I need to view my claim and click "view my claim" so pay pal can review the case but there is no button or link to do so. If it is no where to be seen how can I keep my case open not lose my $80

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

boinkyKA
Hi, I am on the same boat as you are. I tried to open my paypal account on safari and just went to the resolution center - from the claim box, click on it and wait for it to open. at the bottom part, it has eacalate to paypal
Login to Me Too

nydrew34
Contributor
Contributor

So a couple of things... I had to log into an actual web browser as the instructions were not meant for the mobile screens. I was able to click on View my Claim. 

However, the problem I had was to escalate. 

Paypal's instructions do not meet the expectations of escalations and hopefully somebody will provide an update. There is no "escalate to paypal" button. Moderators need to take notice and make this correction.

With that, if you click "Contact Us", you'll be asked to drill down for Disputes, Check Status of Disputes... you will receive the same horrible instructions on checking the resolution center. Ignore this..

At the bottom of the page, there will be an option to select "Message Us". 

This will populate a chat bot window and if logged in, will populate the claim you have in your profile.

Select the claim number

The bot chat will then ask you if you want to Escalate. 

Select Escalate and this will kick off the process.

Head back to your claim in Resolution Center and you can see the updates now and the timetable for resolution.

The goal for Paypal is to restrict users from getting to a live agent as Live agents cost money. They also want to avoid manual intervention whenever possible. Escalating disputes is a time cruncher for employees at Paypal so it appears this process is hidden or misleading to us regular users. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.