Trouble with a Dispute and Now I have to Pay for Something I Didn't Receive

Hillcogirl
New Community Member

Towards the end of March I ordered items through eBay. Someone hacked my eBay account and had the items delivered to an address about 5 hours away from where I live. I put in a complaint with eBay, who agreed that there had been a problem with someone compromising my account. They referred me back to PayPal. I submitted a claim explaining that someone hijacked my account. They investigated and sent an email out to me today stating that I would still have to pay for merchandise I did not receive because the shipping company was able to track it and show it had been delivered - YES< BUT NOT TO ME! It went to some thief in Houston that will now use that merchandise to try and make some illegal money. I was referred to eBay for a refund; eBay will not reimburse me because the seller did nothing wrong. Has anyone ever had a dispute like this that they did NOT end up having to pay for? It really stinks that not only did my account get hijacked, but I have now been stolen from twice - the person who actually got my items and the businesses who swore to protect my transactions. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hillcogirl

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.