Ticketmaster Rescheduled Event

MH172
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

In October 2020, I purchased tickets for an event due to happen in April 2021. However the event was re-scheduled to April 2022, which unfortunately we cannot attend. We have sought a refund from Ticketmaster (substantial moneis involved €722.80) but they have not yet responded to the website contact form that I filled out and cannot be reached by phone. 

I've sought help from Paypal, seeing as the transaction was purchased through this ystem,b ut was instantaneously denied suppurt, as the claim is over 180 days since the money was sent. How have other people achieved productive support from Paypal in relation to the purchase of services that would have been originally scheduled later than 180 days? 

I'm starting to wish I had purchased these tickets using my VISA card. Poor form Paypal. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MH172
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, Ticketmaster have since fully refunded the amount for the rescheduled event and it turns out that while they were a little slow, they resolved the issue without any dispute whatsoever. 

My take-away lesson here is that Paypal will not get involved in any way once 180 days have passed between the transaction and the dipute, even if the transaction relates to an event that occurs after the 180 days. Therefore, I plan not to use Paypal for any event or service purchased in the future, unless these events occur very soon after the transaction.

Take heed...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MH172 

Yeah, visa cards often only give you up to 120 days so paypal is more generous with 180 days.

So best not use your credit cards either then hey???

https://www.visa.co.uk/how-you-pay-matters/chargeback-purchase-disputes.html?utm_source=Google&utm_m...

If you paid with a Visa debit, credit or pre-paid card, a chargeback is an option. If you need to make a chargeback claim, make sure you do it within 120 days of purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MH172
Contributor
Contributor

I've just found this online and thought it worth pointing out to you, especially as you seem to be so knowledgeable in matters like this:

"Don’t be deterred if you made the purchase a while ago – you often see 120 days listed as a dispute deadline, but that clock starts ticking once the event was canceled or the goods were not received. And even outside that window, there can be some wiggle room." www.creditcards.com 

Can I ask if you are employed by Paypal to defend their system or if you are an ordinary member of the community like me? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MH172 

Guess you haven't sussed the idea that this is a 'user to user' COMMUNITY forum yet then?

Also guess you haven't read my info bottom of my post which says 'advice is voluntary' as far as I am aware voluntary means you are not a paid employee or does it mean something different in Ireland?

And having helped on here for 10 years I can safely say that whilst credit cards do state that, most of them stick to the 120 days so guess it seems Paypals 'wriggle room' of 180 days is a tad better?  

I don't defend paypal I just gave you the correct information as you were stating you would not use paypal again because surprise surprise they only give you 180 days as stated in their buyer protection policy all written out for you to read and then risk assess your own transactions.

If you don't like the facts then that is your problem not mine, cheers and bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MH172
Contributor
Contributor

no need to get offended or aggressive @kernowlass 

I'm as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours and quite frankly I'm happy with my opinion and position on this matter. 

As for me asking if you worked for Paypal, I only did so because your original message was so enthusiastic, it honestly came across as a bit false. I'm glad you cleared that up for the community though!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.