Suspicious tranaction / purchase

Faustino1985
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an item from conflower.club(I know, the name should be a dead give away). Usually when I make an online purchase, which I don't do often, I get redirected back to the website for a confirmation and purchase details. In this case, after my PayPal account was charged, I received nothing. I was redirected back to the original site page and that was it. I sent a question to the email provided on the transaction about this and they responded a day later with an email regarding the shipment. I haven't opened the link in case its a bug so I'm curious if this looks like a fraudulent transaction. The website showed no confirmed cases of fraud because it is "too new" so if anyone can shed light on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Although, I'm pretty sure I just got jacked for $124. We'll see. 

ConFlower.PNGConFlower2.PNG

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

Lillimanvicky
Contributor
Contributor
I've also ordered my kids a picnic bench... looks like I've been scammed too 😞
Login to Me Too

Kdog90
Contributor
Contributor

In answer to the original poster that website also has a 1% safety rating on scamdoc so it almost certainly is a scam:

https://www.scamdoc.com/view/215802

Login to Me Too

DH181
New Community Member

Hi all.

Seems I took the bait yesterday and ordered a trampoline for my daughter.

I received a receipt from PayPal from a Chinese email address and the money shown as a pending transaction on m y bank account. I've checked PayPal this morning and the money is still showing as pending on my bank account.

I can't get through to PayPal who are obviously under resourced right now.

Any ideas how to escalate this?

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @DH181 thank you for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. If you have received a receipt of your payment from PayPal,then payment shows completed on your PayPal Account.right? I know it's confusing because you can see on your bank a "pending" payment. It was an instant transfer in that case wherein PayPal fronted the money so seller can receive your payment immediately. Please note that sending money or making a payment using a bank account can take up to 6 business days before the money gets cleared. If ever that you didn't received your order you can file a dispute with PayPal. But,if you can contact the seller first to resolve the issue that's gonna be the easiest way. You have PP Purchase Protection for goods and services payment. I added a link about dispute for your reference. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-the-item-i-purchased-or-it's-different-... ***If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.***Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

DEIMVI
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem with Jokame.com like all 64 people from Truspilot! PayPal close my case ! If you will open the case ONLY I didn’t receive item! Otherwise PayPal will close the case without investigation! Lots of people lost they money at this hard time and Paypal refuse to help!
Login to Me Too

DEIMVI
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal have to close this Fraudulent seller from Jokame.com account- <removed> ..All people-victims have confirmation email from PayPal and all knows this fraudulent seller email. He have an account on PayPal , why PayPal doesn’t suspend this account?

Login to Me Too

daliadalia
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I agree. This fraudulent seller is benefiting greatly from all of us desperately trying to buy entertainment for our kids during these difficult times. PayPal really should block his account. I made a claim (with PayPal) a couple days ago, but have not heard back yet.
Login to Me Too

Kdog90
Contributor
Contributor

I made one on Monday and they messaged me back yesterday saying that had contacted the account holder that the payment was made to and are awaiting a response which could take up to 16 days. They really should block this seller and I will be reporting them to Citizen's Advice.

Login to Me Too

Jem88
Contributor
Contributor
I have too been scammed for £70 odd quid. I only realised it was a scam when I didn't get any confirmation email and then I'm seeing all these other cases. I better get a refund this, was for my daughters birthday coming up. PayPal cancel the account in question you have knowledge that they are frauds.
Login to Me Too

Kdog90
Contributor
Contributor

Yes they really should PayPal are dragging their heels trying to resolve this. I've reported Jokame to both Trading Standards and Action Fraud and haven't received any correspondence from either of them yet :/.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.