Suspended from my account!!

Millsy_675

Hi there,

I have today learned that I was suspended from my Paypal through no fault of my own!!

I was selling an iPhone 8 on Depop when someone messaged me asking to buy the phone. However this person did not have sufficient funds to complete the transaction, they suggested that if I was to give them my PayPal account details there friend would send me the correct amount of £200. The money was duly paid into my account. I then contacted the person that made the direct payment to me (the friend) thanking them for purchasing my iPhone 8. However, I then received an email stating that the person thought she was actually buying an iPhone 11 with Airpods. It was at this moment we discovered we had both actually both been scammed. I promptly refunded the £200 to her account. In essence, what would have happened if the transaction had taken place is the lady that paid me would have essentially paid for the scammer to have a new phone. The payee would have received nothing in return.  

(I hope this makes sense)

Ultimately, the limitation was originally put onto my account because I was unable to provide a tracking number or any form of delivery receipt, however, it was impossible for me to provide evidence considering the fact that the transaction didn't take place and was refunded. I tried to explain this twice to Paypal although they decided the best course of action would be to suspend my account. An account of which I use constantly. 

I have sent Paypal multiple emails including screenshots from conversations I had with the payee and the scammer and I have even tried to call Paypal around five times.

I hope someone can please help me. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.