Seller used wrong UPS tracking number. Package delivered elsewhere.PayPal will not help

Olsenkath
New Community Member

Seller provided UPS tracking number associated with a different name and address than mine. Per UPS the package was delivered to a different name and address than mine.  I tried to contact the seller but they do not respond. Their website is taken down. They don’t answer their emails. My package was apparently delivered elsewhere. I can’t seem to work through PayPal’s resolution center. Is it common for a seller to provide an inaccurate UPS tracking number to scam buyers?  PayPal doesn’t seem to want to deal with this since it appears the package was delivered. They don’t seem to care that it was delivered to the wrong place and I never got what I paid for.   Is there anyway to call them PayPal to get further help?

Thank you, Cathy

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

EDP1953
Contributor
Contributor

In my situation, I ordered a drone from a seller on TikTok. I was patient since it was being shipped from China. Was to be delivered through USPS. The tracking number was not a valid USPS tracking number.  I opened a claim discussion with the seller who never addressed the USPS tracking number issue and told me the package was delivered.  I never received the package, nor can I trace the package. 

I texted PayPal for help numerous times about this issue and the tracking number. PayPal offered me no help, other than to contact the seller again.

This entire situation appears to be a scam. PayPal closed the case, much to my dismay. I see no phone number to actually call PayPal. 

I chose to pay for the item through PayPal in case something could go wrong with the delivery. I felt PayPal would back up my purchase by returning the money into my account, since the tracking number is not a USPS number. 

I have received NO money back into my PayPal account and I feel the case was closed by PayPal unfairly to me.

Eloise Prevost  Peoria, AZ  USA

Login to Me Too

Cora9
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me,im still waiting for my refund,we need to open a class action against paypal and the SCAMMERS.
Login to Me Too

EDP1953
Contributor
Contributor
I agree !!!! This is inexcusable behavior by PayPal. False tracking number given by seller and yet, PayPal backing the seller is **bleep**.
Login to Me Too

Kremenko
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem with me. Paypal Trust the sender that the package has been delivered.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kremenko 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.