Seller unable to issue a refund.

Pukeington
Contributor
Contributor
I recently purchased an online item and after finding out it really wasnt what I expected and didnt work at all I requested a refund, after a while and with an open case, he agreed but then said he couldn't refund me because of my case, he said the money was put on hold because of my case and paypal is giving him the error “Add Money to your wallet to Refund.” on the actual case page and hes saying his account is locked because of my case. I was wondering what I should do next, I dont want to escalate for no reason if he is actually willing to refund but I dont know if he is, if hes trying to stall me or if hes making it all up and that error doesnt exist I'm not sure. Hes situated in india and also claimed something about he cant put money in because of international payments bla-bla. He says if I remove the case the money will come through but I know that if I remove the case I cant reopen it so him asking that is kinda sus. Would appreciate some advice on this. Additionally If I were to escalate I should do so as not described as opposed to not recieved since he did send me a couple of files but they didnt work but I started the case as not received so some advice on if I should change it to better my chances of winning would be nice! Thanks for reading guys!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Xotomi
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. Same thing just today. Stalling. And I want to be able to add screenshots of these outside conversation with my seller to the case in my favor but cannot. Proof the say they received the return. Proof they claim they cannot refund and to cancel the case so they can do so.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.