Seller sent me fake item.

JasonSarp
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a shoe from Depop which is a popular reselling platform. The seller in his profile says he is located in New Jersey and he says his items are 100% legit and he has the receipt. First the buyer was delaying with the shipment and tracking number. When he finally put the tracking number, it was shipping from CHINA! I thought he was shipping from New Jersey. When the shoes came I had the shoes legit checked and turns out they are fake. I filed a claim to PayPal. Now they want me to ship the item back to get refund. First of all I’m under strict stay at home orders, so I can’t ship, which I made known to PayPal. They keep send me emails saying they understand but I still have to ship. On top of that, I contacted dhl and other shipping companies that ship to China and they said they don’t ship counterfeit good. I told PayPal and they still insist I ship it back.... like how? Idk what to do any more and I’m starting to get **bleep**.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @JasonSarp,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I know it's tough to be in that situation at times like this. We want to help you and we need to take a look on your case so we can see the possible options to help you. Please try to reach out to our customer service by logging in to your account and click on Contact Us. It may take time due to the loads and outbreak, but please extend your patience and keep safe.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

calzonie60
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get a refund? I have a similar situation.  Bought what was advertised as "VIONIC" shoes.  When they were received they were obvious counterfeit products.  In fact I have reported them to VIONIC who confirmed this seller had no authorization to sell VIONIC shoes.  Also they smell TOXIC.  Anyway I have opened a dispute but no luck getting a response.  The seller has offered to give me a $10 refund for a 93.25 purchase.  They refuse to provide a way for me to return these.  They actually suggested I give these shoes to my friends and they would provide a discount for further purchases.  As if I would ever do business with this "business" again!

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.