Seller is doing everything to avoid claim

Nieuwpoort
Contributor
Contributor
Recently I bought a couple of brand clothes through a website. The website advertised them as original and on SALE.. I believed it was legit, because the price were still hundreds of euros, so I did not think it would be fake / replica items. So, I ordered and paid with paypal and waited for the shipment to arrive. However, the package never came, but something else did.. A letter from the German Haupzollamt (tax / customs) came, stating that they confiscated the package after opening it, and decided the goods were counterfeit. I called them and they told me that the goods can not be shipped back to the seller, but are being destroyed! I asked the website’s customer service why they sent me counterfeit items and asked for a refund, but the company rejected. So I then opened a paypal claim, which this company now suggested: If I sent back their counterfeit stuff, they will fully refund me. They know this is impossible, because I provided them a copy of the letter from Hauptzollamt, stating that everything will be destroyed! What can I do now?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nieuwpoort 

Escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim. If PayPal reviews case and ask for additional information from you, upload letter from Hauptzollamt again and explain that shipment was confiscated by customs authorities and destroyed because contents are counterfeit. If PayPal dispute fails because you can’t provide return tracking, and you paid by credit card, call your card issuer to dispute and submit Hauptzollamt letter.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Nieuwpoort
Contributor
Contributor
It’s already a Paypal claim. I’m asked to sent back the package and share the tracking info for the return, in the paypal claim. As I’ve explained, there is nothing to return.. I don’t see any other option in the claim — What now? Should I call paypal?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nieuwpoort 

Why would you have to return something you have not received?

Did you not open a dispute for non receipt of item?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nieuwpoort
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @kernowlass, I just checked and I filed the claim as „item not as described“. I now understand that this might gave the wrong impression. My logic for this choice was: I ordered genuine brand clothing, but (according to Customs), I was sent counterfeit goods. What should I do?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.