Seller has asked me to close the claim

Perrybeard82
New Community Member
Hiya guys had to open a dispute against wish as an item was missing one of the main parts rendering it unusable and after exchanging messages it was going nowhere, now after opening the claim they have messaged asking me to close it to get a refund (message from them is at the end of this post), should I close the claim as my worry is that once I've closed it they can then not issue the refund and I will be stuck as will not be able to reopen claim. This worry is due to the fact at first they apologized for it having the part missing but where unwilling to do anything about it Thank you for any advice or help rder Details Show 10 more responses Item delivered did not meet expectations P Perry | Oct 27, 2020 Thanks for letting us know. Can you tell me what is incorrect about your order so I can make things right? Wish Assistant | Oct 27, 2020 Item does not turn on or work P Perry | Oct 27, 2020 I can re-direct you to a Wish support agent to better assist you. What would you like to do? Wish Assistant | Oct 27, 2020 Contact support agent P Perry | Oct 27, 2020 Please upload one or more photos of the item and describe the issue in detail so that we can best assist you. Please take care not to include sensitive information such as credit card and personal identification numbers in your message. Wish Assistant | Oct 27, 2020 This is beyond a joke as I have previously stated and shown in the photos the item is missing the spool so can not be used it was sent with the main part missing so this needs to be sorted I've opened a dispute with PayPal as you seam to fail to realise a item sent with missing parts is a problem P Perry | Oct 27, 2020 Hello Perry, I understand how it made you feel frustrated that the reel is missing the spool which is one of the main parts as can not use the item with out it. Our apologies for the inconvenience. It looks like you have disputed this transaction with PayPal. Opening a dispute will prevent us from automatically refunding you directly through Wish. In addition, PayPal disputes can take up to 30 days to resolve, but an automatic refund through Wish takes less than 3 days. We would love to help you resolve this issue but we are unable to take any further actions on your transaction while the dispute is in place. If you would like further assistance on this issue, please contact PayPal to remove the dispute. Once you have removed the dispute, please let us know so Wish Customer Service can assist you further. Besame Wish Customer Support
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Perrybeard82
New Community Member
The first message from me saying it is beyond a joke was due to them apologizing for it missing the spool but then closing the case without doing anything soninhad to resend the reply that's on here
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Perrybeard82 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.