Seller either scammed me or unintentionally sent me inaccurate watch.

Tanvir14
Contributor
Contributor
Sold me a $1000+ USD watch on eBay but I noticed that a lot of the parts are unoriginal and because of that it’s resale will be heavily impacted, I requested money back for half of it so I can get the correct parts to fix it (which are expensive). He then put it up to a claim, keep in mind this seller only has 1 FEEDBACK, I knew it was too good to be true. I don’t want to return the item but what are my chances to get a partial refund?? He denied the amount I requested and now PayPal is deciding. Also if I send it back the whole thing he might say that he didn’t need receive anything... Since it’s a vintage watch, putting unoriginal parts on it will affect the value a lot and no serious collectors would want it. So looks like I’d be stuck with it if PayPal doesn’t reimburse me a partial refund? I already requested a partial refund because I thought only ONE part of the watch was unoriginal, but it looks like ALOT MORE WERE according to the research I did online and when I took it to my local watch repairer who knows a ton about watches. Therefore eBay closed it, it was too late.. Now only PayPal can fix it. He only refunded me $50, but that doesn’t help out at all and this was before the fact that there was many more unoriginal parts. Please help me out guys, thank you. If you want more detail let me know. Thank you! Happy New Years.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tanvir14 

PayPal cannot enforce partial refunds. They may suggest it to either party to mediate or either party can offer it to each other during the dispute phase (first 20 days of dispute) and follow through with it amongst you. If escalated to PayPal, they will ask you to return for a refund of what you originally paid and provide tracking number as proof of delivery.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

So you can either keep the item and fix it yourself if seller won't agree to a partial or return it for refund.

PayPal Purchase protection is not a guarantee, warranty, or insurance; PayPal never claimed this, so the program has its limitations.

Or you may instead forfeit your PayPal dispute, invoke your credit card chargeback rights, if that is how you paid and resolve it exclusively through your card issuer. Should you go to dispute through your card, the PayPal dispute will close and cannot be reopened.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.