Seller Scams Item Delivered but Not - Paypal is currently the platform for scammers

johny143
Contributor
Contributor

This has gone beyond what I thought it would but, paypal after being with them for over 12 years feels like the worst place to be.

I bought a set of cameras advertised through ebay but paid outside via paypal . The item showed as delivered when i was sitting at home . After reading through the blogs I understood that I been scammed. I flagged it up with paypal, looked into this guys reviews and found similar complaints on ebay shops and took screenshots of the conversation etc and submitted it to paypal.

I went further , spoke to a royal mail officer and got screenshots of the actual full tracking from their office and he had the parcel(probably a rock) delivered to another address and another name in same postcode. I was assured by 3 different paypal agents that they would ask the seller for not just tracking but also shipment confirmation , but its been the 3rd time and  my case has been refused. 

I was told that they dont accept screen shots from royal mail but want a document. When asked did you guys get the shipment confirmation I was told no we dont need as the delivery is within acceptable range in your postcode.. 

This is crazy , the whole forums is filled with such scam reports and paypal is doing nothing abt it. 

I have filed an action fraud, reported to the police , reported today with updated document from royal mail to paypal again. Will see how it goes. But  this is beyond comprehension . I dont have to go through this.  I have simultaneously flagged it with my credit card company .

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

johny143
Contributor
Contributor
Yes thwt would be the same. PayPal didn't accept the photos from computer screens and I had to ask the post office for a printout
Login to Me Too

johny143
Contributor
Contributor
Yes the same. If possible ask them for a printout as PayPal didn't accept when I took photos of the computer screen. They wanted a printed document and they didn't consider screen photos.
Login to Me Too

mr2sumitt
Contributor
Contributor
I've gone to my credit card provider now, lost all confidence in PayPal, wont be using them again! The picture shows that the package was delivered to a local post office and picked up by a total stranger with different name. Couldn't care less what PayPal think anymore.
Login to Me Too

johny143
Contributor
Contributor
If the delivery address is wrong paypal would have to pay it back. Ask the post office if they can print out the details. In my case address and name was wrong but I had to like I said flag it up so many times. Best is to go for credit card claim back if it doesn't work. Show then the proof and they will sort it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.