Seller Scams Item Delivered but Not - Paypal is currently the platform for scammers

johny143
Contributor
Contributor

This has gone beyond what I thought it would but, paypal after being with them for over 12 years feels like the worst place to be.

I bought a set of cameras advertised through ebay but paid outside via paypal . The item showed as delivered when i was sitting at home . After reading through the blogs I understood that I been scammed. I flagged it up with paypal, looked into this guys reviews and found similar complaints on ebay shops and took screenshots of the conversation etc and submitted it to paypal.

I went further , spoke to a royal mail officer and got screenshots of the actual full tracking from their office and he had the parcel(probably a rock) delivered to another address and another name in same postcode. I was assured by 3 different paypal agents that they would ask the seller for not just tracking but also shipment confirmation , but its been the 3rd time and  my case has been refused. 

I was told that they dont accept screen shots from royal mail but want a document. When asked did you guys get the shipment confirmation I was told no we dont need as the delivery is within acceptable range in your postcode.. 

This is crazy , the whole forums is filled with such scam reports and paypal is doing nothing abt it. 

I have filed an action fraud, reported to the police , reported today with updated document from royal mail to paypal again. Will see how it goes. But  this is beyond comprehension . I dont have to go through this.  I have simultaneously flagged it with my credit card company .

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

mr2sumitt
Contributor
Contributor
I've been scammed aswell. Saw a phone on Ebay and again asked to pay directly through PayPal, didn't receive phone and PayPal have tracking info to say I have!! Unbelievable
Login to Me Too

mr2sumitt
Contributor
Contributor
Also up to now PayPal haven't provided evidence to me!
Login to Me Too

johny143
Contributor
Contributor
My claim was rejected one more time, it looks like when I send the attachment to the email they provide, the agent sees it but when they attach it to backend team, they dnt evn look at it. I called again today, spoke to a gentleman, who I think was from backend team. He looked into the evidence and straight away processed it for refund. Happy now. But he was surprised at how this seller had been doing this. Not sure if PayPal really knows abt such scams.. Iam still gonna pursue the case with action fraud and provide as much evidence to the police and let them get this guy.
Login to Me Too

mr2sumitt
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal have now reopened my case, so hopefully they will look at tracking Info again
Login to Me Too

johny143
Contributor
Contributor
What I wa stood is they can look at the map and say it is in acceptable distance from the Royal mail tracking. But the scammers are clever they put 2 or 3 numbers before in the same postcode and send probably a piece of rock. Also I wa told by PayPal as Iam the one disputing, I need to provide the proof it was not delivered as the seller has ready provided a tracking #. If you know your postman like I did, you can ask them to check their internal sps system which will show full tracking. Another way I saw in one of the fourms is scam the scammer, where u say wrong item and say it was a box of chocolates and then ship it back the same way to diff address in same postcode to seller and get money back.. But this is so wrong in so many levels. Your best bet would be credit card company, ask them to return it and they are quick to refund. Or get in touch with your local postman or post office employees who could help..
Login to Me Too

mr2sumitt
Contributor
Contributor
What's the internal sps system?
Login to Me Too

johny143
Contributor
Contributor
It's the post office system the postmen use..
Login to Me Too

mr2sumitt
Contributor
Contributor
I went to the post office today and they took my phone round the back and took pictures of their screen showing all the details. Will that be the same?
Login to Me Too

johny143
Contributor
Contributor
Yes.. That wud be the same.. Except ask them to print it out as PayPal didn't accept photos take from computer screen.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.