Seeking advice on a recent purchase

So, I've only bought things through Paypal maybe 2-3 times in my life, so I'm not entirely sure how things typically work. I placed an order for something unmentionable through a Chinese website. The website says that it produces the products in their own factory if they are not in stock and it can take 2-3 business days to do so. I placed my order March 28th in the morning and it was about a $600 order. On the website it says order confirmed and gives me a 6 digit order number (seems a little short to me). I have not received an email confirmation for the order, or an actual receipt of any kind. It has said since then that they are "getting it ready" but its been about 5 days now... I tried contacting the seller through support they have on their site and have heard nothing. I sent an email to their support address and heard nothing. Does it sound like I've been scammed? Should I wait a little longer before opening a dispute? Would this even be something Paypal would help with?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

J_kylerinrico
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @This_Dude_Here. How you feel about your transaction is valid and understandable. If you purchased something and would like a refund because you haven't received it, or it's not as described, you can file a dispute in our Resolution Center to start the process of getting your money back. You have 180 days from the transaction date to initiate a dispute. Working with your seller can be the quickest way to resolve an issue. You can locate your seller's contact information on the transaction details page. They may be able to issue a refund to you or help with a return. If you've tried working with your seller, but still need to file a dispute, here's how: Go to the Resolution Center. Click Report a Problem. Select the reason for your case and click Continue. You have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with your seller. If your seller isn't responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate the dispute to a claim. If you escalate your dispute, PayPal will review it and decide the outcome. If we need additional information from you, or need you to take action, we will email you. You can check the status of your dispute at any time in the Resolution Center. Please keep an eye on email because Updates on your case will be sent via email. Also, please respond in a timely manner for having a better chance of closing the case in your favor. Hope this helps. Stay safe.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.