Scammers from P.R.China (June - August 2020)

ANNANN38
Contributor
Contributor

When making online purchase, pls beware of scammer from P.R. China.

Paid for a pressure cooker but received a worthless metal ring.  Seller refused to refund.

Avoid :  msiyt

Beware of :

Consignee: <removed>

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

TinyPixie
Contributor
Contributor

Ps: Hey Sam, how did you get your case reopened?

Login to Me Too

Sam405
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I phoned PayPal, it kept taking me to an automated system which drove me crazy so barked I want to speak to someone down the phone, and like magic, I got to speak to a very helpful lady who changed the case from item not received to item not as described.  Once they contacted Ru Chen again they have started to harrass me on a daily basis telling me to send it back with tracking before I see any money.  I mean seriously, who would genuinely order a cheap plastic ring.  They have put a price tag on the ring though of 128$ which is rather amusing!

Do give PayPal a ring, It was far easier to speak to someone and she did get things moving again for me.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Sam405
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, latest is PayPal have said they'll only refund if I lodge a Police report?! Like the police have time to deal with this rubish!! 

To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with the police or a government department. You can contact the local police or file a report with any other government department of your choice.

Filing a report with the police or a government department

• Contact the police or a government department (either in person or online) to report the issue.
  • Report specific details regarding the item you received
  • Please obtain a copy of a report from the police or government department and send it to us.
  • The report must contain the following information:
    • Letterhead from the department or organisation or a stamp, seal or other information that indicates the report is official documentation.
    • Clear explanation of the details of your issue.
    • Department or organisation's contact information.

Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.