Scammer on eBay with fake tracking number and PayPal won't help me...

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I ordered an item (computer component - Ryzen R5 5600x) for 341$. Seller never pinned tracking number or answered me, I received nothing and opened case on ebay, then seller pins tracking info which seems valid (true address, delievery date etc) but I opened proof of delievery on UPS and someone uknown to me named "Brandan" marked as receiver. After receiving "valid" tracknumber ebay automatically closed the case and I went to paypal dispute. 

I also want to note that after that, seller received more than 10 negative reviews IN A ROW for short period1.PNG2.PNG 

and his rating went down from 99% to 75%, all these reviews were about fake trackings and people never got their items. I screenshoted everything I had and pinned to paypal dispute case, however after about week they closed it too with following message

"The case was closed in the receiver's favor as the receiver provided a valid proof of delivery."
3.PNG

I think this was closed in favor of seller, because he is the one who provided "proof". People on my address never received this package, seller has bad rep and now about 15-17 negative reviews in a row. Ebay never helped as same as PayPal. This is what they call "buyer protection". I don't know what else could I do, main problem is I am overseas now, not able to visit police station or deal with UPS

This is the purchase link:<removed>

This is tracknumber:
#<tracking number deleted>

Seems like I've lost 341$ and nobody will help, so first time I asking community for help, this is insane that paypal support are such blind people who don't even try to help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hello everyone who reads this. Great news! 🙂

Finally after about 2 month I got refunded. Mr. Ranesh from facebook PayPal support page helped me and only this man really tried to help. Shame on every worker who just never investigated the case and just closed my dispute twice. After 2 closed disputes finally thanks to Ranesh I got refunded. Much thanks to Mr. Ranesh and team who was involved to this case. PayPal should be more focused on buyers too and should stop protecting scamming sellers and also there should be report button added to PayPal and eBay. So much scams going right now, even when seller having great reputation he could scam 1 out of 10 people. But when whole page is red and PayPal or eBay doesn't care about that this bring customers to big troubles with money, time and their nerves.

Whatever, now my problem is solved, thanks again to Mr. Ranesh from PayPal support. I wish more people like him worked here

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

UPD: I filled UPS case and find out, seller was dropshipping from amazon (which is against ebay rules) and sent item to wrong address. Then uknown to me man named Brandan took package. Also tracking number never says where it was delievered, it only has info about state and city, but not exact address.

claim.PNG

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

UPD: PayPal don't asnwer... yet. UPS are quiet too (but they at least gave me piece of important info and now I am sure seller is scamming, it's not UPS fault or someone else except scammer). I've got scammed and eBay or PayPal don't wan't to do their job and protect me and my money. They just looked on tracking info like "ha seems legit, let's close this guys case so he lose his 340$". Tracking info does not include exact address, only state and city. And UPS info told me that package was sent to WRONG address from AMAZON STORE.

Okay if seller had excellent reputation, but now he has 16 negative reviews all about fake tracking number and item never shipped. Yet PayPal decided to take his side and spit on every face of these 16 buyers.

Maybe this post won't get enough attention, but I will update it anyway.

P.S. I am overseas, I can't directly contact UPS, PayPal or police office. And please, if somebody could provide ANY help..

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I sent to PayPal both original address screenshot and what scammer filled at UPS office (and they are different except state and city).

AND PAYPAL ASKS FOR SAME FILES AGAIN. Is this a joke? And I waited for this answer for 2-3 days. This is what they call "PayPal protected" 🙂 If it worked I wouldn't act crazy for my 340$

lol.PNG

---- Please be advised that when a seller ships an item, we recommend sending it using a method that provides online tracking and shows the delivery of the item. If a claim is then filed, we ask the seller for a relevant tracking number for verification purposes. It seems this case was closed in the seller's favor because they provided us with valid online tracking information. This confirmed the delivery of the item to the address on the PayPal transaction details. Please let us know if you have new information about the case, for instance, a report from the courier showing that the item was delivered elsewhere, so we can file an appeal for you.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

March 13th. No answers from PayPal 🙂 I sent them UPS fraud report and UPS tracking report, they just ignore me on facebook lol. This is so dumb. More than month I can't get my money back, thanks PayPal, great job

@paypal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your reply. I don't have option to call PayPal for now. And I sent to PayPal all the files they needed to investigate. This files clearly says that seller scammed me, but PayPal just closed the case again. I don't know what else to do I swear.

fraud pp.PNG

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

So I sent everything PayPal asked for. And you know what? They just closed my case in favor of scammer AGAIN! All documents from UPS says that I never received this package and PayPal don't even opened these files. I swear assistants and inspection in PayPal never tries to help you. I asked assistant in live chat to re-open dispute case and he just said that I should wait 10 more days 🙂 Then 10 days more so paypal could investigate case again. And I lost hope seems like they going to close it again. I will open this case again and again. I want to create post on reddit about how PayPal protects scammers, so people will know. Thanks everyone for attention.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hello everyone who reads this. Great news! 🙂

Finally after about 2 month I got refunded. Mr. Ranesh from facebook PayPal support page helped me and only this man really tried to help. Shame on every worker who just never investigated the case and just closed my dispute twice. After 2 closed disputes finally thanks to Ranesh I got refunded. Much thanks to Mr. Ranesh and team who was involved to this case. PayPal should be more focused on buyers too and should stop protecting scamming sellers and also there should be report button added to PayPal and eBay. So much scams going right now, even when seller having great reputation he could scam 1 out of 10 people. But when whole page is red and PayPal or eBay doesn't care about that this bring customers to big troubles with money, time and their nerves.

Whatever, now my problem is solved, thanks again to Mr. Ranesh from PayPal support. I wish more people like him worked here

Login to Me Too

Captainkirk108
Contributor
Contributor
I just got scammed myself same type of thing glad you got your money back thank you for the information.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.