Scammed premium snapchat

Jsmitty98
Contributor
Contributor
So I paid for a premium Snapchat (I know I know, pretty cringe) but the seller practically emotionally blackmailed me into helping paying for her bills. I found out through a little research that she also does Findomme so I’m pretty sure I was scammed and that she’s a liar. The only problem is that I sent money through ‘gifts/personal’ transaction. I doubt I’d get my money back but I’m hoping for anything really. Thanks!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jsmitty98 

Sorry, friends and family has no buyer protection. 

You only other recourse is disputing via your financial institution if you paid with bank account or card although they can potentially deny your request as well.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jsmitty98 

Sorry, friends and family has no buyer protection. 

You only other recourse is disputing via your financial institution if you paid with bank account or card although they can potentially deny your request as well.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

Sending money through friends and family are difficult if not impossible to reverse as the onus is for your ‘friend’ to return the money. 

If she’s not really your friend, then why do it? What amount are you talking about anyway? Do you have her physical address or phone number?

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.