Seller Fonsany is falsy advertising products for sale

PeterW2111
New Community Member

I purchased a "Premium Golf Watch" from Fonsany. The product that arrived was a anolog cheap watch. I have tried to get a refund and all I get is I need to pay to return the product before they will action a refund.  Why should I pay to return a product I never wanted. Should Fonsany not pay to have their merchandice returned. I am throwing good money after bad. How can PayPal allow a company like Fonsany use its services?  This company never had the golf watch, they scammed people into paying them and now I need to pay more money.  Very dissapointed in how PayPal has dealt with this matter. The resolution centre is limited on how a person can respond to a matter in progress.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PeterW2111 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mixu
Contributor
Contributor
Same here! I ordered 59.99 usd cutting board set and got small cheap figure. They said I have to return this item and then I can get full refund! It costs 40 euros to send a package to China! The Fonsany is a scam company and Pay Pal is helping them! Just watch Trustpilot.com and there is many many more scams! Always same that Fonsany sends wrong item on purpose!
Login to Me Too

Fim74
New Community Member

I am with you on this Peter and believe many many other poor customers are too.  I purchased cheese boards from Fonsany which never arrived.  I chased and chased then went to PayPal and raised a dispute.  I highlighted this company was a scam as Trust Pilot says it all! 

I chased and chased then went to paypal and raised a dispute.  I highlighted this company was a scam as Trust Pilot says it all! https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.fonsany.com

Of course Fonsany pretended to play the game with the false tracking no. and so on to show Paypal it was a legit delivery.  I received nothing. Literally nothing.

To top it all, Paypal closed the dispute in THEIR FAVOUR(!) and I have lost $69.99!  @paypal this is disgraceful!!     I have never disputed a claim with you and you treat us all like we are in the wrong!  You seriously need to review your clients and stop making money off us poor individuals who are effectively the losers in all this

Of course Fonsany pretended to play the game with the false tracking no. and so on to show PayPal it was a legit delivery.  I received nothing. Literally nothing.

To top it all, PayPal closed the dispute in THEIR FAVOUR(!) and I have lost $69.99!  paypal this is disgraceful!!     I have never disputed a claim with you and you treat us all like we are in the wrong!  You seriously need to review your clients and stop making money off us poor individuals who are effectively the losers in all this

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fim74 

Why are paypal expected to review your sellers for you when you can't even check trust pilot yourself before you buy from a Social Media ad?

First thing I do is check out all companies before I purchase.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

IF YOU LOST THE DISPUTE BECAUSE IT WAS A FAKE TRACKING NUMBER THEN APPEAL AS PER MY POST ABOVE.

PAYPALS NON RECEIPT DISPUTE CLAIM PROCESS IS AUTOMATED, THEY COULDN'T POSSIBLY CHECK EVERY TRACKING NUMBER FOR EVERY DISPUTE RAISED, SO TRACKING = SELLER WINS SO THEN ITS YOUR TURN TO DO SOME WORK TO GET A REFUND FROM YOUR CHOSEN SELLER.

SO APPEAL OR CHARGEBACK IF YOU FUNDED YOUR PAYPAL PAYMENT VIA A CREDIT CARD? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.