cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed on Paxful

Highlighted
New Community Member

Scammed on Paxful

Hey there! I usually use Paxful to buy Bitcoin and I was just scammed out of $280. Is there any possible way to get my money back since it was with friends and family. I have chat logs and proof that I was scammed. Any help at all is appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Scammed on Paxful

I was also scammed On Paxful... for $250.  Bitcoin seller was using a gmail account and has vanished.

In theory this is a PayPal “Merchandise not received” dispute but the PayPal dispute process seems to classify this as a “charge not authorized” claim and promptly closed it and my subsequent dispute. 

Highlighted

Re: Scammed on Paxful

I had the same problem the other day. Tried to buy $100 in btc from a guy on paxful. Sent payment, he said he hadn't recieved it, PP transaction said it could take up to a week. Using that info he convinced me to cancel transaction and file dispute/chargeback with PP to get my money back, since he didn't want his money to be tied up for a week and I needed to let him "hustle." Yesterday I get email from PP saying dispute declined b/c payment was sent on the day of the transaction so no error. Now **bleep** has my money and his btc and wont respond to emails.