Scammed on Paxful

Slothz
New Community Member

Hey there! I usually use Paxful to buy Bitcoin and I was just scammed out of $280. Is there any possible way to get my money back since it was with friends and family. I have chat logs and proof that I was scammed. Any help at all is appreciated 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Audrocks
Contributor
Contributor

I was also scammed On Paxful... for $250.  Bitcoin seller was using a gmail account and has vanished.

In theory this is a PayPal “Merchandise not received” dispute but the PayPal dispute process seems to classify this as a “charge not authorized” claim and promptly closed it and my subsequent dispute. 

Login to Me Too

Beardedbaker
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem the other day. Tried to buy $100 in btc from a guy on paxful. Sent payment, he said he hadn't recieved it, PP transaction said it could take up to a week. Using that info he convinced me to cancel transaction and file dispute/chargeback with PP to get my money back, since he didn't want his money to be tied up for a week and I needed to let him "hustle." Yesterday I get email from PP saying dispute declined b/c payment was sent on the day of the transaction so no error. Now **bleep** has my money and his btc and wont respond to emails.
Login to Me Too

blogna42
New Community Member

I'm in this exact same boat. For mine, PayPal is actually holding the money for a week. I opened the dispute and they just closed it within a few hours without ever getting any documentation from me. I even have documentation from Paxful confirming that it was a scam.

Login to Me Too

Beardedbaker
Contributor
Contributor
Update: I filed a ticket with Paxful, luckily the guy hadn't yet transferred all the btc out of his wallet. They warned me for cancelling the transaction, but ultimately gave me what I was owed out of his walled and then banned his account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.