Scammed by a seller - but then Paypal closed the case in the seller's favour?

staceykaymusic
New Community Member

Hello! I opened a dispute because I purchased 4 clothing items from www.kosechili.com and they sent me 1, and not the other 3. So they basically stole a portion of my money and sent nothing in return. I tried to contact the seller multiple times, and when they didn't respond I opened up a claim/dispute with PayPal. One thing I found weird was in the middle of reviewing the case, PayPal changed the reason to "Item not as described" (which I would not have called it and not how I opened the case as, but once they changed the reason I didn't have the option of saying no). Then they asked me for a police report, which I provided to them. I was then told that the case was denied "This decision was made because the dispute was submitted with insufficient information/documentation to support the claim and we were unable to obtain the required information/documentation after requesting it from you."

Is there anything I can do after a case is closed? There should not have been a reason for me to not win this case, it doesn't make sense. This is supposed to be exactly what "buyer protection" helps with - but the seller who stole my money won? They also did not provide proof of sending me the items. Was it confusing to PayPal because they actually did send me 1 of the 4 items? I don't get why I would have lost this case. 

What should I do? Any advice would be appreciated. I want stolen money back!!! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi staceykaymusic, 

These types of cases can be a little confusing. I would imagine we changed the case type as if you received some of your items but not all of them then the case type should be "significantly not as described". If you were asked to provide information to support your case and we did not receive this within the requested timeframe then we would have no option but to close the case. If you are not happy with the decision of the case then I would recommend that you appeal the decision. In most cases when you click on the details of the case you will see an option that says "appeal". Once you click this you will be asked to provide details on why you wish to appeal. Once this is completed a full review of your case will be completed. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.