Scam: Fuzhouuumei seller - ebo cat robot toy

kylieflavel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. I've recently been scammed by a seller in China called Fuzhouuumei selling the ebo cat robot toy. I received a different item than I ordered and had requested a refund. The only way I can receive a refund is to return the product however I'm still waiting for PayPal's back office to translate the address which is in Chinese. It's never ending. I've also been advised from other victims via Facebook where they had been lured into the ad from Fuzhouuumei, that after several attempts complaining to PayPal, that they have received a full refund without having to return the dodgy product. Has anyone else experienced this scam and can they tell me how they received their money back without having to return something you never ordered? Many thanks Kylie!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kylieflavel 

Do what others have done. Contact customer service to complain; do it several times and maybe PayPal will issue a courtesy refund. There's no secret, magic trick or method to it.

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (AU): https://www.facebook.com/paypalau/

Twitter (AU): @AskPayPalAU

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Knowing me, I be trying to google map the address and put both the foreign language and the English translation on the box. And I've done before too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kylieflavel 

Do what others have done. Contact customer service to complain; do it several times and maybe PayPal will issue a courtesy refund. There's no secret, magic trick or method to it.

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (AU): https://www.facebook.com/paypalau/

Twitter (AU): @AskPayPalAU

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Knowing me, I be trying to google map the address and put both the foreign language and the English translation on the box. And I've done before too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kylieflavel
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your response. On the fourth attempt at calling PayPal, they’ve refunded me in full without having to return the dodgy product. Phew! 😅
Login to Me Too

Chezz47
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

i got scammed too. Bought a great looking robot for my grandkids for Xmas and ended up with a cheap toy one. I certainly did not get my money back as I couldn’t return the product either same as you. I explained it all to PayPal how it was impossible to return it. Also if you do return it and you get proof of postage and full  tracking you can still end up worse off returning the item if there is nobody to accept it. PayPal told me refund would only be issued on getting proof of the sellers signature on its return. 

Now once these scammers have taken so many orders they shut down go somewhere else start selling under a different trading name and address. So in theory you can never return it either. I had to cut my loses and not send it back which would of cost another £30 or so to China. Your only way of getting your money back is if you paid for it with your credit card. Even if you used PayPal as long as it was funded from your credit card you can ring your bank and get it refunded. 

It took a long time for me to discover how these scammers are working. And I felt so foolish for falling for the scam. But no way was PayPal going to refund my money without a signature from the seller to confirm he had received it back.

what made me really angry was coming on this forum to find out that PayPal were aware of these scam adverts yet still letting us complete purchases. Facebook are also letting these scammers advertise even though they know of the scams which are in all truth fraud. Where is the hope for us when sites we know and trust let these scammers continue to steal - yes steal our money.

Sorry for ranting 

Chezz 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.