Victim of a fraud - and Paypal doesn't care

vrbavojtech
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently bought 3 tickets from a seller viagogo AG. Back then I didn't know who they are and it is going to cost me a lot of money. Since I read the stories on the Internet about this fraudster I have only wanted a full refund and order cancellation. After the payment, I haven't received anything. So I opened a dispute (as Item not delivered) with no seller's response, so I raised a claim. After few days I received some e-tickets in PDF and PayPal denied my claim. Not just that these tickets are probably one of many copies sold by this seller, but also they were overpriced with original price stated on them. The seller violates Ticketportal's policy by selling the tickets, so the transaction was in fact illegal from the very beginning.

I should also note that it is not possible to communicate with the seller directly - no contact e-mail is provided on their website and a phone number with a robot saying some nonsense when you call them. Also there is no option to cancel orders on their website. The seller is non-EU (based in Switzerland) so our European (in my case Czech) official authorities can't reach them.

To sum up, I end up with some fake tickets (what I have known already when I opened the dispute), PayPal doesn't offer any way to open a new case for the same transaction (but now about the incorrect transaction amount) and is not willing to stop the illegal behaviour of the seller. The local authorities are not able to help me and the bank is also not able to chargeback the payment.

The automatic agents on the PayPal Customer Support are the only ones who are willing to hear me out (if the agents are real people they must be pretty stupid because they can't even read the case description before they respond to a message).

I am feeling really depressed about this situation. But at least I know PayPal is useless.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vrbavojtech 

You had the option to change the dispute from non receipt to not as described before paypal closed it.

If too late then contact c.s. and ask them to open a claim for you for not as described OR if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then talk to your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you?

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.