SLN Holding

terriscnal
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had any dealings with SLN United States? I have placedan order on 12-11-2019 and cannot get anyone to respond to my emails. Thanks

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Holls23
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got my dispute resolved.  When I finally received item, it was definitely not what I thought I was paying for.  I filed a new dispute/claim with SLN Holding for "item not as described".  The resolution was for me to send it back, to an address in Vietnam that would have been minimum of $65.00 to have it back by the date I was given.  I sent email to PayPal and same message I sent in email I sent through PayPal's message center, making sure my case # was in the subject line.  I let them know that shipping to Vietnam was not a fair resolution, but neither SLN Holding or PayPal would budge.  I kept at it and offered a counter solution - send the item to Hermani Store (where I thought I was purchasing from) at the address they had listed on their "fake" website, which was in Naperville, IL (the address doesn't exist), but I didn't let SLN Holding know I knew that.  I demanded a reason "WHY" it had to be sent to Vietnam when it could be sent to Naperville, IL, at a fraction of the cost.  PayPal offered buyer protection for the $29.90 I paid, but only AFTER I sent back to Vietnam.  They also offered a "Return shipping on us" for up to $30.00.  The label on the package had the value listed as $4 USD.  So why would I spend at least $65.00 to ship to Vietnam, where even with PayPal's offers I'd then be out $35.00 instead of $29.90.  Since I repeatedly got messages that I had to send to Vietnam, I called customer service and wasted 45 minutes of my time.  Both times I was hung up on.  I had asked to escalate to a manager.  I then got contact information for John Rainey, PayPal CFO & EVP, Global Customer Operations and for PayPal CEO Dan Schulman and sent them an email.  Never received a response or even an acknowledgement.  I continued to send emails to PayPal, CC'ing Rainey and Schulman, daily checking on status or if decision was in favor of SLN Holding, to let them know that is not a fair resolution.  I sent screen shots and pictures.  Screen shots were the Hermani Store's website where address is listed.  Another was the USPS website where I calculated and estimate of the cost (the $65.00 it would cost).  Finally, after getting nowhere, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and sent a final email to PayPal and a final message through message center to let them know the resolution between SLN Holding and PayPal was not fair to me or logical and let them know I filed a complaint with the BBB.  That afternoon I received notification from PayPal letting me know that after reviewing the information I provided that PayPal had decided in my favor and I got the refund.  It showed up on my PayPal account but it's not on my credit card statement.  They did say it could take up to 30 days, so we'll see.  I have let PayPal (and Rainey/Schulman) know about the poor customer service and also Hermani Store/SLN Holding running a scam.  Also had screen shot and pics as proof.  My purchase was the baby bat.  The pictures on the website are stolen from a Russian Artist and the baby bat I received is not even close.  If anyone following is on FB, there is a FB Page set up listing the online scams - Hermani Store/SLN Holding are on there.  It's called the "Valar Store Scam and Other Frustrating Stories".  But these places are all scams.  Just note - check the address and look it up on MapQuest or Google Maps/Earth.  Either they don't exist or they are a residence, not a "store". 

Login to Me Too

erush90
New Community Member

Did you end up getting your package from SLN holding? I ordered at the start of April but never received a notification to say it had been shipped. I'm unsure if this is because of Covid-19 or if it was a scam. 

Thank you, 

Login to Me Too

Pappu14
Contributor
Contributor
No. I ordered in June and when I contact them I get to tlk with a robot.
Login to Me Too

DreaV
Contributor
Contributor

Its a scam, you will not receive anything or if you are one of the lucky ones that does gets something is far far from its actual picture. When you escalated it they will provided you with a shipping label to track it. if you do have access to them it will eventually show it was deliver even tho it never arrives to your home. and this is enough for PayPal to close your case. if you received something far from what you order then they will request you send them back to China or Vietnam. the price of sending it back it will be over $60, additionally your time spend.... 

Login to Me Too

Anaeda
New Community Member

Yes, I have also problems with this scammer. Paypal protects them, that's really sad. 

They have multiple shopping sites, stealing pictures from artists, pretending to buy their goods what they didn't do. I found out, that the destination of this "firm" is Hongkong (I found out by analysing the E-Mails). They send instead of the goods they pretend to sell a really cheap china toy, of course the shipping took place, but it's a scam. Paypal don't accept this. They think it's okay, but it's against the law. Paypal itself is very clumsy. 

The sites of SLN Holding are SLN Holding, Pickable Gift, Stunnig Stuff. Maybe more. 

I'll try to ask at my bank, maybe they can do something for me, Paypal is incompetent. 

Login to Me Too

StefanieM
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased from Gracias Zone (SLN Holding) on February 22 and had the same runaround as everyone else - bogus tracking numbers, customer service refusing the refund and just telling me to wait, etc.  It's now been 90 days from purchase and I still do not have a refund or my package.  I opened a dispute with PayPal on April 14, escalated it to a claim on May 1st, and today is May 19th and I've gotten nowhere.  Is PayPal going to protect this buyer who hasn't received their item in 90 days, or are they going to protect the scam company SLN Holdings that is ripping off their customers?  Is PayPal giving my money away? It sure feels like it.

Login to Me Too

Holls23
Contributor
Contributor

When I went through this with and order I placed in December, I didn't get it resolved until mid-February. I thought I was purchasing from a merchant called "Hermani Store", that had an address in Naperville, IL on their website.  On PayPal, SLN Holding shows up as the "merchant".  SLN Holding is definitely a scam.  I don't know why PayPal continues to deal with them and let them rip people off. 

I started with a dispute and got the same runaround you're getting.  I then escalated to a claim and asked for a refund, but received a message that the item was shipped and was given a DIFFERENT tracking number that I could track, but it took at least 2 weeks to get here because it came from China.  I finally received it at the end of January but it was NOT what I thought I was ordering, just a cheap knock off.  So if you haven't received anything yet, demand a refund as soon as possible and you'll have to be persistent - like contacting PayPal on a daily basis.  It's a lot of work, so depending on how much you spent, you may want to just write it off as "lesson learned".  I was ticked that people were getting ripped off, so I saw it through till I finally got a refund. 

If you do finally receive something and want a refund, it will be another long battle.  You'll have to go through the dispute/claim process again but this time "item not as described".  What will likely happen is that PayPal will side with SLN Holding to have YOU return the item if you want a refund.  Sounds simple, right?  Here's the kicker...they'll want it returned to an address in Vietnam (or somewhere else overseas), and will give you a very small window of time to have it back.  It would have cost at least $60.00 for me to return the item to Vietnam in the time frame I was given.  I paid $29.95 (which included shipping) but the order I received was valued at $4 USD (that was right on the shipping label of the small package).  I contacted PayPal, at an email address I'm not permitted to use here, letting them know that was not an acceptable resolution and listed my reasons and included proof in screen shots and pictures.  This is what I provided:  pictures of what I received; screen shots of the item on Hermani Store's website; address provided on Hermani Store's website (address in USA); screen shot of Hermani Store's return policy, which mentioned shipping item back for refund, but NO WHERE was it mentioned that item had to be shipped outside the USA; screen shots of the USPS website with prices to ship to Vietnam.  Still, the solution that SLN Holding and PayPal agreed on was for me to send the item back, to an address in Vietnam, by a date that was just over a week away.  ***Just FYI...that address in Naperville, IL that was on Hermani Store's website doesn't exist.  I found that out by looking it up in Google maps and it's not a real address.  Just for kicks, I looked up Gracias Store and they list their address as <removed>  I just looked <removed> up on Google Maps (satellite view) and it's an empty lot.  When I replied to PayPal letting them know the resolution was not acceptable, I did not let them know I looked up the address, that was going to be my "Ace in the Hole"***  This went back and forth, every time I let PayPal know that mailing this item to Vietnam, at that price, was not acceptable.  PayPal offered their "Shipping on Us" for a maximum refund of $30.00 AFTER I shipped item to Vietnam and could provide receipt.  This went back and forth for a couple weeks with me emailing PayPal at that same email address I'm not permitted to use here with the same information and questioned why I had to return to Vietnam when I purchased from an address in the USA (gave them the address provided) and said I'd be willing to send to the address I purchased from.  I requested my issue to be escalated to someone in charge, only getting the same responses back to return item to Vietnam to get a refund.  I finally looked up PayPal's CEO (Daniel Schulman) and the CFO & EVP, Global Customer Operations (John Rainey) and emailed them after I spend over an hour on the phone trying to contact customer service and was hung up on, TWICE.  I never heard from either Mr. Schulman or Mr. Rainey, but persisted with the counter offer to send to the address in Illinois.  I kept getting the same resolution, even after all of this and while CC'ing both Mr. Schulman & Mr. Rainey.  I'm also not permitted to post their email addresses here, sorry.  I finally filed a complaint against PayPal with the BBB.  That very afternoon I received a phone message (wasn't home when call came in) that PayPal decided in my favor and I'd get the full refund.  I also received an email from PayPal with the same information that evening.  I don't know if that was coincidence since I'd just filed with the BBB that morning or not. 

There is a FB page about all of these scam stores (there are many) where others post their experiences and what they did.  You can also PM them through their message option for assistance.  The FB page is called "The Valar Store Scam and other frustrating stories".  Good luck to you.  Sorry so long, but just trying to arm you with information on what you can do if you decide it's worth the battle for a refund.  

Login to Me Too

Holls23
Contributor
Contributor

If you want that following information that I could not post, go to the FB page "Valar store scam and other frustrating stories".  I can post there.  😉

Login to Me Too

Holls23
Contributor
Contributor

My post with that information is being "reviewed", so hopefully it will be posted. 

Login to Me Too

ots3go
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed by SLN Holding and PayPal took their side.

They knowingly, and admitted to, sending me junk instead of the more costly item which they didn't actually have.

PayPal asked for me to return the item to a Vietnamese address, which they would refund the postage, and I went ahead and returned the junk they sent me via Royal Mail.

It's been stuck for months in Vietnam so I guess the address either rejects the package or doesn't exist. This means that Royal Mail never show the item as delivered and that I've not actually returned the item.

PayPal don't seem to care.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.