Return Postage is more than I paid for the Item !! PayPal wants tracked parcel postage.

Chrisstoneham
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help me with tgis?  How do I get any reply from PayPal???Case ID: PP-007-162-102-027: Although you have "Decided the case in my favour", you have asked me to send the item back to some address in China by Tracked DHL or other. THIS WILL COST ME £39:00 (GBP). I will NOT get most of this money back, even though I am registered with PayPal to get some shipping costs back...

Don't you realise that this is part of the seller's scam??? The original item cost about £45. It was posted in a cheap plastic bag from a UK address (no return address details). The item I received was completely rubbish.
PLEASE reconsider your decision, and just refund the purchase money. I am sure that this seller is getting away with a huge amount of money, simply because people will not pay for the return postage - It is throwing good money after bad. You have sent an automatic response (16/08/2018 at 15:58) to my previous email, where I complained about your decision. However I have yet to receive a more helpful reply. PLEASE reply ASAP..

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chrisstoneham

Yes they know which is why they state in their buyer protection how much coverage you have and then its up to you to risk assess your transactions.

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If you buy from a business in the UK then you can normally recover those return costs via the small claims court although most UK businesses would reimburse you anyway. (BUT if you choose to buy from a private or international seller you may not have that option).
You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chrisstoneham
Contributor
Contributor
The advert did NOT mention that it was from China. The item was posted from inside the UK, and arrived in a couple of days. The two lens mirror dashcam has been advertised via many firms (probably all a front for the same person), and I'm sure that he knows that PayPal always asks for tracked return, so they are letting their customers down. Why don't they recognise this?
Login to Me Too

Chrisstoneham
Contributor
Contributor
The advert did NOT mention that it was from China. The item was posted from inside the UK, and arrived in a couple of days. The two lens mirror dashcam has been advertised via many firms (probably all a front for the same person), and I'm sure that he knows that PayPal always asks for a tracked return, so he picks an address in China! PayPal are letting their customers down. Why don't PayPal recognise this?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chrisstoneham

Can you do a c.c. chargeback then?

Personally I always fund my paypal payments via a card to give a little bit of extra protection.

Also if you buy from a website and it states ships from the UK you need to go to their contact info and if it just gives you an email address and no business address etc then its normally China.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RavenCrone
New Community Member

Wish I had known about this! I ended up with 50p. Item costs 6.00, free p/p. I return for 5.50. I suppose a lesson learned for 50p is one of the least costly ones. Have activated that link now so if there are future problems, I'm set to go.  Happy to have found this information, albeit a bit late this go. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RavenCrone

Glad it helped you, its why I give up my time to help out on here.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.