Return Issues

Hearthay
New Community Member

So I had a buyer who bought a collectible item, new in box. try to tell me a over a month of having it.. that it's now damaged. Never even sent pictures. I sent tons of photos.. the return was denied in Ebay. Which I wrote 100% down. and PayPal has issued them to return the item to me. The item was a collectible in pristine condition. They didn't say it was damage in transit.. because if it was we could have filed an insurance claim. And at no point sent pics. So now over a month later, even after EBay denied the return paypal is allowing it. Oh, and it also says in my ebay profile and the auctions that returns are not accepted. Yet here I am, I am supposed to be waiting on them to return my now damaged item, that they took out of the box.. So they get a full refund? And I get more than likely my item back trashed. I gave them pics of my item in pristine condition, they had my tracking, that it was insured, I sent screenshots of the denied ebay return.. and they decided in favor of the buyer, without a single picture to even prove a single thing they said? How can I fight this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There is no seller protection for INAD and no one has seen the condition of the item but the buyer and seller.

It is a he said/she said situation and the best for the third party is to ask buyer to return the item and seller can fight another day.

pictures are not reliable,no one knows what you ship is what the picture showed,but the fact your buyer refused to send a picture of damaged item is ??

if buyer goes to cc issuer and file a chargeback,she may not have to return the item and you will be socked with $20 chargeback fee,no return means you dont want the item back.

So far you are just speculating the item is damaged,you wont know until you receive the item back.

It is possible she tries to resell it or she just cant afford it?

it may just be as well she does not show a picture,probably not damaged,if you keep insisting it,she could damage it and then take a picture.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.