Restricted Account Access ?? Is this a Paypal general error - help hive mind ...

Lizziechick
New Community Member

I've had no issues with my Paypal account ever, and this am my account is restricted due to unusual activity - literally the same activity as I've been undertaking for years.  I can't use the account to pay for anything which is ridiculous as I use it everyday on Ebay.  In addition some of the asks include being asked to provide an original receipt of purchase order for an item they have used as an example of 'resolution'. It is a kids top that is literally 10 yrs old !! I'm not a merchant Paypal user, just a mum selling some clothes and buying (mostly) crap on Ebay. !!

I'm wondering of this notice of restriction is a Paypal error and if lots of other people are having a similar problem.  I am on hold atm, 30 mins in so far to their terrible customer service.

:0

thanks 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jo882
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem today, holding on for over 1hr 40mins to customer service and hung up in the end, will try later.  I do not sell anything but they are also asking for an original receipt for items I have bought which I am selling...........I don't sell anything just buy mostly on ebay, they are also asking for photo ID, why?? Certainly not willing to supply this.

Login to Me Too

Lizziechick
New Community Member

Hi

I actually spoke to a real life person - oh Joy - sort of helpful.  She started off by saying I was a small trader !!! 

She said she could sort the evidence of my supplier receipts, but that I would need to provide my photographic evidence and it wld be resolved in 3-5 days FFS.  

Very frustrating and not really saying it has been a common situation with Paypal this am.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.