Resolution mistakes

Sickboy1
Contributor
Contributor
I put in a dispute about the item no recived and sellers didn't return my emails. Paypal sent a message with a tracking number like 3 days later. Well in the meantime I received the item so I closed the case.. It was not at all what they claimed it to be. I emailed them for a refund with the PayPal recipet. They emailed me back with an explanation that I opened a PayPal dispute and I should except the resolution. Wait what? They seem the case was closed and I couldn't do jack about it! So they refused to refund my item and I can't even open a new case for a crappy item I paid 35 dollars for. SCAM.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

rocksoff_d
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a similar experience only I'm being blackmailed by seller and threatened by extortion if I don't give into demands of sending more money. The seller scammed me and PayPal are allowing this on their platform.  I've created a ticket with PayPal assistant and no response in 32 hours !!!!!.   I'm looking for re-assurance more than anything else and want to close my account over the experience. But they wont get back to me - without a robot response.  this is crazy stuff.  

Login to Me Too

Sickboy1
Contributor
Contributor
Wow! Are you saying that a seller is trying extort money from you? Are they a national company or are they a international company? Because if there international thats a huge deal with the FBI should get involved. It isn't for software is it? Good luck! I would love to follow your case. Even if it isn't international and a national seller very intristed in the citation and final outcome.
Login to Me Too

rocksoff_d
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there - no its not a company its a lone seller of a service I ordered but did not receive.  And now he's threatening if I pursue the resolution further he will demand further payments from my paypal account.  I know he can't do that as all I can do is block them. But the fact that PayPal upheld the dispute in his favour when I have proof it was a scam and they wont respond to my request for help or assistance.    The transaction activity pattern is also proof.  The robot doesn't compute real cases.  At this stage I want out of PayPal and have deleted my cards - however I'm afraid if I delete my account the original dispute will be payed to the scammer in the required 30 days and he'll get off scott free and I'm just another stupid number in their system that they dont care about.   Thanks for listening.    

Login to Me Too

Sickboy1
Contributor
Contributor
I'm about 10 hours in on waiting for robo reply to get back to me! They said a few hours. But days you've been waiting? Crazy
Login to Me Too

rocksoff_d
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck with that. 

Login to Me Too

Sickboy1
Contributor
Contributor
Go in to your credit card thats connected to the PayPal account and dispute the charge with them.
Login to Me Too

rocksoff_d
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've already tried that but because I knew about the transactions and not that it was a scam - they wont entertain either.  They say the dispute is between me and the seller - who in this case is using PayPal as a shield to cover up his fraud.  Mind boggling.  P.S.  I still have not got a response from PayPal via their instant message.  The robot email tells me - guess what.  

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

Learn More about PayPal Purchase Protection

Find out how your purchases are protected and how we investigate claims by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page. Then, simply click User Agreement for PayPal Service and PayPal Buyer Protection

I've left them now.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.