Resolution denied refund

lynxgoddess
Contributor
Contributor
How do I appeal the Resolution decision? I was conned out of $41 from a company who sent me a product that looks nothing like they advertised. After a long time the Seller eventually agreed that I could send the item back at my expense and provided me with their address in Mandarin! I don't know how to copy that address and Resolution Centre has no way to communicate with them. I therefore added in the Tracking Information section "The address is not in English" To get my message across. Instead of contacting the Seller to provide an English version of their address, the Resolution Centre has denied me my refund because I didn't provide a valid tracking number! How can this be fair?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lynxgoddess 

All you had to do was contact paypal for an english version of the address they required you to send the item back to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lynxgoddess
Contributor
Contributor
I've raised this issue through PayPal "chat" service to see if they will be able to help as I was dealing with PayPal's Resolution Centre.
Login to Me Too

katz680
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue. Paid $158 for what was presented as good quality clothing that was supposedly from a shop in New Jersey. Months later I was sent incredibly cheap knockoffs from a furniture warehouse in China. Went through the whole dispute center charade, only to find that shipping from the U.S. to China would cost no less than $240. I provided a quote from UPS stating this, but apparently all Paypal is capable of comprehending is that "I didn't provide shipping information".

So apparently I'm expected to PAY $240 to get a refund of $158. So my refund will COST ME $82. 

Not sure why I even use Paypal if this is what they call "customer service". 

Login to Me Too

lynxgoddess
Contributor
Contributor
They come across as computerised robots. This whole journey has been so frustrating. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. That's alot of money. Did you leave a damning review on Trust Pilot? Sometimes if you are dealing with a company and threaten to leave a bad review on there, they sometimes give you all your money back or at least some. This worked for me with another company who tried to rip me off just last month
Login to Me Too

katz680
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed- it's incredibly frustrating, and I'm sorry to hear you lost money too. Unfortunately the "company" that I sent my money to just continually  changes their name when they're reported, so there's no way to hold them accountable. It would be nice if Paypal recognized that and provided some scam protection, especially because these "companies" are using the Paypal logo to appear legit. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.