Resolution case-requested info from me, but doesn't explain what info

Diaman107
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email about my case, in which they want me to go to the Resolution Center. Once I log into the Resolution Center, there is a respond button.  After hitting that, it takes me to a page that just shows it's still pending review.  There is no option to add anything. Has someone else had this issue, or can help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

XtremeOutlier
Contributor
Contributor

I have very similar problem. I was asked to do a return for refund request and to provide the tracking number. It turns out that the USPS uses two tracking numbers: an initial tracking number for the pickup and then once the item is picked up it issues a second tracking number which is used to track the item during transit. I did not know it would be two tracking numbers and gave PayPal the initial tracking number which was correctly displayed on my dispute resolution page.

I called back to give the transit tracking number once I received it and the PayPal representative took the information and read it back to me correctly. But when I checked my page the next day it was showing two copies of the initial tracking number and not the transit tracking number. I called back in to give this information and again had representative read it back to me to ensure that he did receive the correct number. But when I checked back the next day the page was still showing two copies of the initial tracking number for pickup and not the critical tracking number for transit.

Since then the tracking number for transit indicates that the item has been delivered and I call that information in and once again had a PayPal representative read back to me the correct transit number to ensure that he had recorded correctly. And the next day sure enough my page shows two copies of the pickup tracking number but not the critical transit tracking number.

And I have complained at least half dozen times that my webpage was not showing the correct information for the claim and each time had been told that they had the correct information and that there would be no problem.  This is exactly the same kind of non response that I received from eBay when they dragged the process out until their time limit expired.   What it means if my claim is disallowed because I allegedly did not submit required information (the TRANSIT tracking number)  there will be no information on their webpage that I DID at least a half dozen times.

I have voice recordings of three of the conversations with paypall including their representative reading back to the the correct TRANSIT tracking number each time and the last two acknowledging that the tracking number showed it had been delivered.   If this claim is nevertheless denied, especially because allegedly the tracking number was not provided there will be followup here (and elsewhere).

There is simply no excuse for something is critical as a conflict resolution page continuing to show incorrect information after half a dozen requests to get it corrected.   Especially when many users have had the same problem for many months.

I'm wondering if the claim hasn't already been decided against me (for allegedly not providing the transit tracking number) and they're deliberately not posting that until the 180 day limit is up and, oops, sorry, too late.    You KNOW it's now working correctly.  You KNOW you cannot get it corrected.  What you can't know (until it's too late!) is what's causing the problem and what the consequences are going to be.

Login to Me Too

XtremeOutlier
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal  

They will ask if it's about an item purchased/sold thru ebay.    Answer yes if it was BUT when they then ask you if you want to talk to an ebay representative say NO.

This number was unbelievably difficult to find - had to find a way past endless loops of "contact us" links that only led to yet another page with a "contact us" link and so on.     (so I've kept multiple copies of it)     IF it still works I'd suggest keeping a hard copy of in an a secure location.

For "whatever reasons" on paypal's webpages it is extraordinary difficult both to track the progress of a claim and to talk to a live representative.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.