Resolution Center Not Working

MarkNZed1
Contributor
Contributor

Since the 7th of October I have not been able to respond to an open dispute because of bugs on the PayPal website. Every time I try to send the response I get a page with "Please try again. We're sorry. Something went wrong." I have tried with different browsers at different times etc. This is so frustrating. PayPal are not replying to messages reporting the issue. They are not available by phone - just an automatic system that hangs up. 

If they can't handle the demand, then they should not close disputes because of no response when the users can't respond because the PayPal system is broken.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

propagandy
New Community Member

I've been charged an unauthorized transaction for 3 months now and haven't been able to dispute or stop it. I have been unable to reach PayPal by phone. I guess I'll have to contact my state banking commission, make a complaint, tell my bank not to pay anything from PayPal any longer and just give up on PayPal all together. Too bad I've liked using it for over a decade.

Login to Me Too

MarkNZed1
Contributor
Contributor

If the resolution center was not working for everyone then I would expect to see more messages. There are messages on this forum for this same issue going back at least 3 years. I wonder if anyone has actually spoken to someone from PayPal. Do they have any phone support staff or just an automated message system?

Login to Me Too

Broburt
Contributor
Contributor

not working - as in letting scammers take your money

i was scammed by a Facebook advertiser. i submitted an order for $113.18 to an online store, never received shipment. when i disputed the charge, PayPal "investigated" and found a UPS tracking number that supposedly confirmed that my package had been delivered. when i traced that tracking number, it came back to an Amazon purchase that i had made during the same timeframe. both orders had been thru my PayPal balance. the only entity that had shipping info for BOTH orders was PayPal, therefore PayPal MUST BE cooperating with these online scammers. PayPal is lying and stealing from us, folks!

Login to Me Too

SEMWE2017
New Community Member

Were you able to finally get a dispute to go through? I'm trying for an account I rarely use and have been charged monthly for 6 months! The resolution center won't open fully and when I go through the messaging center I get the "Something went wrong" message. Currently on the phone on hold with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.