Reopening a closed case - I have further proof

brittanyc1
New Community Member

Good afternoon - please help!

Paypal closed my "item not received" case because the vendor provided tracking. I took that tracking information and went to USPS where they confirmed the item is not as described (a 10 ounce envelope instead of a massive several hundred dollar swing/slide I bought). Now I can't reopen the case. I have tried to call customer service, it says they cant handle the volume and hangs up. I message them, its been over a day and no response. It wont let me create a new case, it wont let me state the seller is fradulent - I am just stuck.

I know it is a scam and the seller just figured out to mail a random envelope w tracking to get around the PayPal program, when in reality I spent several hundred dollars! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

furious12
Contributor
Contributor

It's unbelievable how many people have said the same thing, and yet PayPal continues shady practices. The only way I know of is to message and wait for them to respond (it was the next day for me to get a response and I'm convinced it was just an automated message). They will reopen the dispute but all they do at that point is ask the "seller" for further proof of delivery. Here is PayPal's most recent response to me, and mind you this is after the first denial and I had it reopened:

"I greatly appreciate you reporting the seller. This is no more acceptable to me than it is to you. Rest assured that we have a dedicated team who monitors seller's PayPal account and necessary action will be taken against them if proven that they're doing such behaviors. It's a good thing that we opened a case for your transaction because the system will highlight the seller's PayPal account to our security team. Worst case on their end is they will be restricted from using PayPal. Even though they open another PayPal account, we have a high end system that will detect it and will also restrict it."

All total BS. There are numerous complaints that PayPal has denied disputes. They are not monitoring their client base, and we the consumers take the hit. Can't wait to close my account and get away from this nonsense. I also filed with FTC, not that they can do anything about it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.