Refund

GeorgeKonstan
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning, i ordered an item from ebay,

the size was small, i sent it back and we came to a agreement about the refund.

The seller told that he refunded me but i dont see any refund.

I have sent 3 mails to the Customer Service of Paypal and nobody answered me.

The ebay seller tells that the redunded me but he dont give me any proof,

so i have problem with the return of my money.

What can i do?

PayPal Payment Transaction ID : 31M874492E2757501.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GeorgeKonstan 

As long as you sent it back trackable so you can prove delivery back to the seller then you can open an Ebay dispute (if its within 30 days) or a paypal dispute if it is after that.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GeorgeKonstan
Contributor
Contributor

Great,

could you help me with opening a dispute at paypal?

30 days have passed, for sure.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GeorgeKonstan 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GeorgeKonstan
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning,

the problem is that when i bought the item from ebay,

i didnt have a paypall account.

I paid with a credit card.

The seller told me that the had refunded me,

but he didnt give me any proof and i dont see any transaction at my bank account.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GeorgeKonstan 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

However if they have NOT refunded you then..........

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ELI37
I had send the items back and attached the receipt as proof of postage (tracking number) and still my case was denied, I don't believe in buyer protection, they are protecting themselves.
Login to Me Too

GeorgeKonstan
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i absolutely agree with you.

The same happened to me.

I sent the item at 29/11, 3 months have passed and no refund.

I have sent plenty mails to the seller, he didnt asnwer.

He ignores me, the funny thing is that all the feedback he has is positive.

I dont know what to do, paypal dont answer at my mails, at phone i cant reach them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.