Refund

Bbycorra
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed yesterday for $40 I called PayPal to get assistance and I was told to open up a dispute case, and in the comments I put that I have screenshots and proof that right after I sent the person the money I was blocked and never received what I purchased. I just received the email from PayPal today telling me my case was denied, I immediately called the PayPal customer service number and they told me that they can’t do anything for me and they asked to reach out to the SCAMMER and try to get my money back. I have never been more disappointed with PayPal, I thought I could trust PayPal and that my money would be safe but clearly they do not care about their customers. Does anybody know how I can get my money back ? Cus clearly PayPal isn’t any help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bbycorra

How did you pay, which option did you use?

How did you fund the payment, which funding source did you use?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bbycorra
Contributor
Contributor
I thought I did good & services but apparently I did friends and family, & I paid with a us bank credit card. @kernowlass
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bbycorra

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. That is also why you would be unable to open a dispute apart from an unauthorised transaction (if your account was hacked and used without your consent).

You also risk having your account limited for using this option when you are purchasing goods as its against Paypal rules. Smiley Sad

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.