Refund & Disputes

NickTheTN
Contributor
Contributor
I have recently been in a dispute case where I was selling an item on eBay. The item was delivered and I had gotten my money out of hold on PayPal and sent to a bank account. The buyer then opened a dispute case where I responded and waited. After about 2-3 weeks I hear nothing. Today I have gotten an email saying that they won the case. I looked back and there was an email asking for additional information that I had received on 11/30 but the email was on date for 11/23. Since I did not get the email for additional information and I did not respond to it, the buyer won by default. What should I do? Am I allowed to open another case. Should I call PayPal? The case was about the buyer returning the item through USPS and not eBay. Since they returned it by themselves and not eBay they should not receive a refund. They PayPal dispute was for not receiving the item or not receiving a refund. Help If I should call them or make another case If I’m allowed to open a new case on a transaction that was “solved”
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NickTheTN 

Not allowed to open another case, you only get one chance at the trough but a case can be appealed.

Even if the buyer returned the item with proof of delivery, without an eBay return case open, they should get their money back nevertheless. You would want that too if you were in that situation. Is there a rule that an eBay return case must be opened in order for buyer to return and receive a refund? I highly doubt it.

Buyers are not obligated to use eBay return/dispute resolution process, (they can also dispute through PayPal or through their financial institution) and just return an item with proof of delivery and if they do not get a refund, may open a PayPal dispute to start dialogue with you to get their money back.

You can see if you can appeal by contacting customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.