Refund ! Even if I shipped the item ?

rozetsarl
Contributor
Contributor

Please I need help to understand the refund process, I am a handcrafts shop owner I work with many other women on creating traditional rugs, blankets we usually sell our products on Etsy, I got a client We made the products and we shipped it , now the problem is that the item may be got lost or something, the client asked for his money and claim for a refund on Etsy , but as I was clear from the beginning Etsy finds that its not my fault ! this what Etsy team decided after reviewing the case :

After reviewing this case, we see that this purchase has been shipped by the seller. Please keep in mind, non-delivery can only occur when a seller receives payment and fails to ship the buyer's order.

If the shipment hasn't been delivered to either party, it may have been lost or delayed in the mail. We realize this type of situation can be difficult for all parties involved. However, Etsy's policies do not hold sellers responsible for shipping delays or errors, as long as the seller is able to prove that they shipped the order. More information about Etsy's case system can be found here.

Now the client asks for a refund on Paypal and I don't know if PayPal will refund him because as we have a deal on Etsy the terms of refund policies that should be applied are the Etsy one isn't?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rozetsarl 

Etsy has their terms and Paypal have theirs.

With paypal you need to provide trackable proof of delivery of the item.

You don't have to send trackable but its at your own risk and not the buyers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.