Received unordered envelope with unknown contents

innagaddadavida
New Community Member

As with other posts I saw, I too received an unknown thingamabobs in an envelope from "Jon" at <removed>

I don't even know what the patches in plastic bags are. This person is definelty a scammer, beware!

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

SBCup
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I just received a package with weird white plastic egg ornaments labeled Jon - no last name from Auburn , Alabama.. but nothing was taken from my account ... Did you have any money taken ?
Login to Me Too

djyas
New Community Member

This happened to me too.  From Bent Creek Rd in Auburn AL.  

Login to Me Too

SVANAK
Contributor
Contributor
No, but monitoring accounts closely. I will mark it as “REFUSED” and return it to sender at local US Post Office.
Login to Me Too

mfujiwara08
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too. It was sent to my work and the only thing I haven't received that was being sent to my work was an amazon package. I don't see any unusual activity in my bank account or cards. So I am not entirely sure what to do. 

Login to Me Too

spiderplex
Contributor
Contributor

May 28 - got a small package (i get ALOT of small packages) so i open it up and its a 2.5"-3" metal PANAMA souvenir magnet --- definitely did NOT order this --- started Googling the JON address & see that a few more people have received weird Panama gifts in the past few days --- am monitoring my accounts   ---   I'll have to go back thru all my orders that I haven't got yet & see if I ordered something that might trace back to this thing ...

panama_magnet.jpg

Login to Me Too

mfujiwara08
Contributor
Contributor
I got that same magnet too. I figured out where I bought it from and discussed it with the card company not paypal
Login to Me Too

spiderplex
Contributor
Contributor
You ordered this magnet? Or you know who sent it? Can you share the vendor info so I can see if I ever bought anything from them
Login to Me Too

mfujiwara08
Contributor
Contributor
I didn’t order the magnet and I have no idea who sent it but I bought it from a company called loveinhome. I’ve never heard of them and I’m as buying papertowels because they seemed to have had some. But I was wrong. It was all a scam. Never received the papertowels, instead I got that same magnet that you received from a jon. If you look up the address it’s a gas station.
Login to Me Too

IWannaBeLizzo
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, received a package within a package from Jon at <removed> which is a gas station. The inner most package suggests that the contents are a keychain and provides the date of "2020-04 26".  The packaging also seems to suggest that it came from overseas.  The outer most package indicates it is from Jon (no last name) but has a "1stEx" next to Jon's name.  The inner most package contained a magnetic bottle opener with Panama on it - the same type that SpiderPlex mentioned receiving.  I did not order this.  I did, however, order a dirt devil from a company online that advertised under the name "Buy Real" back in March 2020.  I paid for it using my PayPal account, but when I received my bill it was under the name "supfashion.com" and listed the items were clothes.  I then filed a dispute with PayPal.  After investigating, PayPal did refund my money.  I suspect the two things are connected because I have received everything else that I have ordered using my PayPal account.  The package I received from Jon was delivered using the United States Postal Service and has a tracking number associated with it.  I have kept the packaging in the event that someone from PayPal wants to pursue claim for mail fraud. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.