Dog Ball Launcher

konnta
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from an Facebook ad (2020-04-20) an automatic ball launcher (for dog) for 23.98 USD.
After just over a month without the package showing up, I reported this to PayPal as a missed package.
On the same day that the notification was made, I received a notification from the Swedish Customs that I would have to pay customs duties of SEK 111 to be able to redeem a package that came from China.

The package was labeled; Description of Contents: Ball launcher, weight; 0.062 kg, value USD; 15:00
After I paid 111 SEK I could then get the package. It contained nothing more than a poorly made tennis ball.
Here's a link to the Facebook ad; https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2671989823035873

The seller has previously sent only a tennis ball to a variety of buyers.

PayPal first closed my case down because they said that I have not answer them in time.
When I then appealed, they said that they had had "technical problems" and therefore did not see my answers
and then they reopened the case.

PayPal now want me to return the f***ing ball to China (for a cost of 15 USD) to get a refund.
The return address I should send it to is not even the same as on the envelope that contained the ball.
Should I return the ball? I don´t know if they give me my money back. I think NOT.

Can´t PayPal read all this complains about the fraud company and do something!

Very disappointed customer

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@konnta 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....(until this policy changes)...

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@konnta 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....(until this policy changes)...

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.