Reborn Doll Shop SCAM

karen139
Contributor
Contributor

How many people have been scammed by <removed> or another similar website? I am beyond FURIOUS that PayPal will not settle the dispute in my favor! The doll I received was a cheap $5 doll that I could have picked up at Walmart. I feel like PayPal is part of this scam because they have so many disputes about this website, but they continue to partner with them and allow sales to happen and people to be scammed. Well, guess what PayPal? I won't stop until I get my refund!

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karen139 

If PayPal asks you to return the item then they ruled in your favor. Not the seller. If you're not able to reach an agreement with the seller and one of you escalate, this is how PayPal will resolve it. Return for a refund. Can't have both junk item and money.

PayPal refunded returns:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

karen139
Contributor
Contributor

I am TRYING to return the doll for a refund. The seller will not allow me to return it and PayPal is agreeing with the seller. They said that the item I received was "materially similar and they do not consider it to be significantly not as described" even though that is a LIE. It is not similar at all. 

Login to Me Too

Kalysa1982
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is disgusting those dolls these scammers send out are plastic and tiny about 10” nothing at all like what was advertised.I am very disappointed with PayPal even with all the customer complaints about these reborn doll scammers they won’t investigate them.absolutely disgusting.
Login to Me Too

Dom50
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal was useless for my reborn doll scam.. you are better off going through your credit card
Login to Me Too

Maggiemay13
Contributor
Contributor
I returned my item like PayPal told me to do and they still closed my case backing the seller because it is not traceable outside U.S. now I’m out the $105.00 I paid for the item plus $60 shipping. PayPal sucks!!!!
Login to Me Too

Leachrisb
It’s always better to go thru your credit card. I stupidly had it happen to me 3 times when I wised up. My card got me money back within several days
Login to Me Too

scubberly
Contributor
Contributor

and you can't afford to return it to china so china gets their money paypal gets their money you get **bleep**

Login to Me Too

nuyrbaby
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed too.  I'm looking at the stories and I still got scammed but it was only $40.  The seller told me to accept $20 or I wouldn't get anything back and he was right.  Paypal sucks.  They told me to send the item back to China and then gave me an address IN CHINESE!  How am I supposed to ship it back.  The scamming seller was right.  He gets to keep my money, I get nothing and Paypal sucks!!!!!! 

Login to Me Too

Dom50
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal was useless on my reborn case.. they wanted me to send the doll back to China for $200
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.