Reached a usage threshold

khrisz23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You have reached a usage threshold that requires us to confirm your identity as account owner. PayPal needs to do this to comply with regulatory requirements. To prevent any account limitations, please confirm your identity at dashboard

I received this alert from Paypal last April, sent all the documents they are asking. I don't have utility bills under my name because all f those are under my Aunt's name. The only document I can provide which is in the list is a Bank Statement, I submit it to them only to find out that they rejected it. The reason is: 

"The document you provided was incorrect. Please log in to your account and follow the instructions in your notification to upload a new document."

I tried to contact the toll free number I found on the net but the answering machine says there is no available agent to attend my call. I tried PayPal's FB but it couldn't help me further because it is a bot. I tried sending message via message center a few times but there is no response. It's almost 3 months now. What else should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

khrisz23
Contributor
Contributor

After almost 3 months, my account has now been fully restored. Limit has been lifted. I am really happy to receive this good news. With this, I would like to share how I solve this problem. With days of researching and reading a lot of reviews with the same issue as mine, I will honestly tell you that I almost lose hope. Reading those review from people with funds hold in their account and cannot figure out the solution stressed me a lot. I thought that I will never get my hard earned money just like them. 

Enough of my sentiments, let me share you what I did. My 1 and only document that I really did hope that will be approved is a bank statement. I requested it on my bank yesterday and quickly upload it in my dashboard. Night came, I check my email only to find out it was rejected. I tried sending it to another link someone here in the community shared but then again it is rejected. I tried calling PayPal but there are no agents available according to the answering machine. I tried several time to send a message here in PayPal since April but there is no response. I message them on Facebook but response are only from chatbot (no help). I also tried twitter but no response either. With all of this in my head I feel really helpless and clueless. But in spite of all this I tried to focus and relax and search for solution here in the community and google. 

The actual solution I did is follow what a user from reddit advice to another user. He said he is a customer service representative before and he handle the same issues as ours. He told the user to upload the document with valid ID together. He said that it will get approved and thank him later. I tried it out earlier in the morning and upload it both in the message center and on the dashboard. After doing this, I continue searching for solution and found an article from PayPal itself about limitations. According to the article, sometimes they lift limits by just changing the password and adding a security question so I did that also. I check my account at around 11 AM and it still limited. But earlier around 1.30PM I tried to check again first my email and no email from PayPal. I tried to login in my account and to my surprise, I did not see the alert message about the usage threshold limit. I can't believe what I am seeing so I refresh my browser once more thinking it just load very slow. After refreshing the page, there is really no alert anymore. So I quickly try to withdraw my money and it did transferred successfully and is now in my bank account. It is indeed one of the happy moment of my life. I apologize if you think I am over reacting, I am just really happy.

I apologize for the long post and I hope that my solution will also provide help on others account limitation problem. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

khrisz23
Contributor
Contributor

I really need help. If there is anyone there working in PayPal please help me

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi khrisz23, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!  

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., email or chat and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too
Solved

khrisz23
Contributor
Contributor

After almost 3 months, my account has now been fully restored. Limit has been lifted. I am really happy to receive this good news. With this, I would like to share how I solve this problem. With days of researching and reading a lot of reviews with the same issue as mine, I will honestly tell you that I almost lose hope. Reading those review from people with funds hold in their account and cannot figure out the solution stressed me a lot. I thought that I will never get my hard earned money just like them. 

Enough of my sentiments, let me share you what I did. My 1 and only document that I really did hope that will be approved is a bank statement. I requested it on my bank yesterday and quickly upload it in my dashboard. Night came, I check my email only to find out it was rejected. I tried sending it to another link someone here in the community shared but then again it is rejected. I tried calling PayPal but there are no agents available according to the answering machine. I tried several time to send a message here in PayPal since April but there is no response. I message them on Facebook but response are only from chatbot (no help). I also tried twitter but no response either. With all of this in my head I feel really helpless and clueless. But in spite of all this I tried to focus and relax and search for solution here in the community and google. 

The actual solution I did is follow what a user from reddit advice to another user. He said he is a customer service representative before and he handle the same issues as ours. He told the user to upload the document with valid ID together. He said that it will get approved and thank him later. I tried it out earlier in the morning and upload it both in the message center and on the dashboard. After doing this, I continue searching for solution and found an article from PayPal itself about limitations. According to the article, sometimes they lift limits by just changing the password and adding a security question so I did that also. I check my account at around 11 AM and it still limited. But earlier around 1.30PM I tried to check again first my email and no email from PayPal. I tried to login in my account and to my surprise, I did not see the alert message about the usage threshold limit. I can't believe what I am seeing so I refresh my browser once more thinking it just load very slow. After refreshing the page, there is really no alert anymore. So I quickly try to withdraw my money and it did transferred successfully and is now in my bank account. It is indeed one of the happy moment of my life. I apologize if you think I am over reacting, I am just really happy.

I apologize for the long post and I hope that my solution will also provide help on others account limitation problem. 

Login to Me Too

temarjC9
New Community Member

Hi @khrisz23 ! Happy you finally resolved your issue. I'm having the same issue and I was hoping if you can also help me. I read your story but I didn't see a link how to upload the files the way you did.Thanks so much for sharing your story! Im having a glimmer of hope now. Hope you can reply to this message so you can guide me how you solved your issue. Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

UniqueAngel03
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. 

Can you please help me with my account? 

As I logged in to my account I tried to transfer funds to my GCASh app and it's not letting me. 

I also received an account alert stating that I have reached my usage threshold. 

The problem is I don't have any Business documents with me since I mistakenly created my account as a Business Account.

I tried to reach out with customer service, sent emails, and even tried to chat them. No one replied. 

Please help me resolve this issue. 

Login to Me Too

raena_1203
Contributor
Contributor

@UniqueAngel03 

We have the same issue. Please update once you got it resolved. Thanks! 😞 

Login to Me Too

Graciousa
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I’m having the same issue here, I submitted the documents and even changed my password but Nothing happend. I also emailed paypal but got no response. Help!
Login to Me Too

UniqueAngel03
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I would like to ask how to resolve this issue. 

You have reached a usage threshold that requires us to confirm your identity as an account owner. PayPal needs to do this to comply with regulatory requirements. To prevent any account limitations, please confirm your identity at dashboard

I submitted my Government ID and government document because I don't have billing documents since I am only renting and I also don't have any bank statement. I received an email stating that they couldn't confirm my identity documents. The worst is I don't have other documents to submit. 

I already changed my password and updated my phone number. Nothing change. 

Please help me resolve this issue. Because I can't make any transactions in my account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.