RESOLUTION CENTER LIMITATIONS

LiotaP
Contributor
Contributor

First time posting, so here goes.

Have a couple of outstanding cases in the Resolution Center and have been offered a partial refund from the seller.

As it involves a stuffed toy, which I am sure the seller really does not want to pay to have returned, I am quite o.k. with a partial refund and for me to keep the toy.

However, the amount offered was not enough, so I thought I would have the opportunity to make a counter-offer.

This is not the case. I have had to reject the offer outright.

The main problem with this is that I am concerned I will not get ANY refund as I no longer trust the seller.

Those who develop these processes need to think outside the box and offer alternatives to "Yes" or "No".

All transactions are a negotiation process. There is no opportunity to negotiate if you only have 2 options.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LiotaP 

Why don't you escalate the dispute to a claim?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LiotaP
Contributor
Contributor
I have. My point being is that I wanted to make a counter offer and keep the toy. By having to reject the offer outright, I am not confident of getting ANY refund. I have evidence this has happened before, but could not provide that either. The seller may simply shut up shop.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LiotaP 

The time for part refunds or part returns are in the dispute phase, once escalated to a claim then the only option paypal normally gives you is a full refund on return of the item back to the seller.

IF you met all the requirements of buyer protection then paypal should refund you if the seller does not if you can provide trackable proof of delivery of the item back to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LiotaP
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again, for your suggestions, but you are still missing the overall point.

What I am attempting to do is save time on all sides (PayPal having to arrange everything, me having to pack and post the item back and then the seller having to pay the refund).

Personally, the partial refund is insufficient, not inappropriate.

If the seller accepted my counter-offer, it would have been a smoother transaction and case closed much quicker.

I do thank you for your time in answering, though. Much appreciated - it shows you care.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.