Quilt purchase

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from Amelia quilts off of Facebook?  Or Emma Cotton?  I purchased a quilt for a Christmas gift and paid through PayPal. Now I’m Seeing people commenting fraud alert. It invoiced through Printabel Company Ltd. 

Login to Me Too
402 REPLIES 402

Lmdudgeon

Same problem, order in January, have heard and received nothing.  A scam. 

Login to Me Too

pkashtock

Mine were purchased supposedly from a company called "Lushgoods". But yeah, it was Printabel.

Login to Me Too

Smoogy
I've hit the same problem. Saw an ad on Istagram from a online shop calling itself Spicure for some very cool looking bedding covers etc. Checked the website out and it looked legit. Googled the name of the website and couldn't find any warnings. So I decided it was above board and went for it. Ordered a duvet cover for $70 and a doormat for $20. Month went by and heard nothing. I normally don't wait that long but with this pandemic, mail is terrible and I figured duvet covers are hardly essential. But I decided to email the company to see whats going on and when could I expect delivery. I checked the website and it no longer existed! I googled Spicure again and now there are dozens of sites warning it's a scam: just my luck, the first one was posted the day after I had placed my order! Checked the PayPal receipt and sure enough, the payment had gone to PrintAbel. I had resigned myself to losing out that $90 and was trying to get the refund from PayPal when a parcel turned up on my doorstep with the duvet cover in it! 5 weeks after I had paid for it. It's decent enough: not as nice as what was shown on the website and certainly not worth $70 but at least I got something. No sign of the doormat, and I don't expect to ever see that. But at $20, it's hardly worth the hassle of trying for a refund (which I suspect PrintAbel is relying on). I'm putting it down to a learning experience: Don't be tempted by any online shop you see on Instagram. Since "Spicure" has disappeared, I've had at least 3 other online stores selling the exact same tat pop up in my Instagram feed. They each hang around for a week or two then disappear. As long as they get their ad clicks, the big companies that own PayPal and Instagram obviously don't care about these scam sites ripping us off.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.