Question on Buyer Protection

shannasooi
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys, I am going to open a dispute on my purchase. I have sufficient evidence that the product I will be receiving is a knockoff, instead of being authenticate as claimed from the seller. However, should I open dispute only when the product arrives at my address? Or can I proceed on with the Open dispute?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shannasooi 

Open SNAD (Significantly not as Described) dispute when item arrives. You have 180 days from date of payment to do so.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

shannasooi
Contributor
Contributor

So, I open dispute only when the item arrives? Because I am not sure if the seller really did ship my item, as he said that that was the last stock available. However, after buying it, he put up the same listing of the same item that i bought. When asked about it, he chose to ignore my question. He provided me a tracking number by USPS, but I doubt that there’s anything in the parcel.. so the best thing to do is to wait til the item arrives, right? Then proceed with the open dispute?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi shannasooi, 

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal community for assistance. I'm sorry that you think this merchant is being dishonest. That is certainly not something anyone wants to feel. If the merchant has provided tracking information, it might be best to wait until the item arrives to know if you need to file a claim. If the tracking information shows the item has been delivered but you have not received anything, your best bet would be to contact the carrier for help locating the item and confirming whether it has been sent to your address or not.

If you do receive the package and it isn't as described, you can definitely submit a dispute and claim for further assistance. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.